Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Help with Portforwarding prob/Making a serv 24/7

Discussion on Help with Portforwarding prob/Making a serv 24/7 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Help with Portforwarding prob/Making a serv 24/7

1st problem, i now how to make static ip..
Only when i do it,, my connection lost(cannot open ie)
probably bcs the dns ips not right..
how ever i did:
ipconfig /all
any 1 have a great guide(not from 2 months ago)
for windos 7?

Router:
E-tech wlrt03..

already looked at portforwarding.com

---------------------------------------------------

2nd
does any 1 have a hint/tip where to host my server?
I really Shouldnt now where to do it and how..
so i can make it 24/7...
i know it will probably cost money..
Is Ventrillo such a program to host it???
heared something about it but...

Hope any 1 can help me
i finnally learned coding a little and now i wonna make it 24/7...
No flaming etc etc..
Thats NOT what i ask..
i ask for help from the smart guys
Old 03/12/2010, 15:58   #2

what router u got 0.0
coz i didnt bother starting my web hosting buissness untill i moved house coz of my router i was gonna wait untill i just got my new house fully cable networked XD but then when we got a new wireless n router it had some really good stuff installed onto it allready which made it really easy ...
Old 03/12/2010, 19:45   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
@ static ip: unless you already have one from your service provider, you will not be able magically 'create' one. It's something they have to sell you or include with your internet package. As for the static ip it sounds like you are thinking about (keeping same LOCAL ip so you can forward the ports), you are best off following guides on portforward.com or similar sites. basically you modify your connection to always use the same local ip (usually 192.168.x.x) every time.

As for a good 24/7 host, you have 2 options.

#1: A vps: A Vps is a virtual private server. You get full root access which you can log into from anywhere in the world using remote desktop or w/e your favorite remote connection program is. It will function exactly like you are using a normal computer so you can setup whatever you want. NOTE: You will want a good chunk of ram and processing power for a co server.. I'd suggest no less than 1 gig ram, 512 if you don't expect many players. Also note you will need a windows system... unless you wanna try to convert your source over to be runable on linux (ok, so I don't use linux. I'm sure it's possible but FAR from easy, more hassle than it's worth)

For a good vps you should be expecting to pay around 30 a month. Cheaper than that and chances are you are not going to be getting something worth paying for at all. Make sure it's a trusted, well known company, if not you will get fucked over and be wasting your money. Make sure the server is in a location where your players will get good ping and that it's on, or near a main tier data line (no in the middle of no where which requires a shitload of hops to get to a main data center and out to the world... that will KILL your ping)

I use swvps with their 30 dollar plan and it works quite well so far. No real complaints for the price.

Option #2: Dedicated server. VPS's are generally a few per machine/box (from what little I know like 5-10 is fairly common, past that though and if you have a 'high end' package, it means the seller is fucking you over cause you will get bogged down by other people on the computer...

Dedicated servers mean you are the ONLY person using that machine meaning it will have alot more processing/ram/hard drive power as well as generally a much better connection (because it's not shared with anyone else).

Dedicated servers are MUCH more expensive and will generally cost 100++ a month (again, you may find somewhere trying to sell for cheaper but they are simply not worth paying that much money for when they will SUCK)

Good luck.
Pro4never
Old 03/12/2010, 19:53   #4

what i found out was:

After Portforwarding the Port for login server it still is not enabled. 192.168.***.*** is a private IPv4 address & people will be unable to connect with that ip.

example: 192.168.1.15 - 192.168.1.39 - 192.168.***.***

a router wont change what your modems IP is

get a new ISP or use hamachi till then.

"btw" i can use the Epic and it works fine with the 192. IP in the config.ini but the game server wont access.

call your ISP and see if your able 2 host from your pc using there ISP
say your hosting hmm lets see...

Need4Speed and u wanna play with your neighbor they will tell u yes or no if the IP will b able 2

sorry for dbl posting just some people dont understand what 2 do or why u cant do what u wanna do

Tags
gm, host, ip, source