Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

No Moderation - We need a moderator from our community!

Discussion on No Moderation - We need a moderator from our community! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Exclamation No Moderation - We need a moderator from our community!

Hey,

I wanted to bring up the topic of moderating. As you may or may not have noticed, this section is currently without moderation and has not been cleaned up in over a week now. On top of that, as much as I'd like to thank our moderators from out-of-section, our section is not being properly moderated. We're been cycling between partially and fully inactive moderators for a while, and I think we all know by now that the real nail in this community's coffin is a lack of moderation. It is killing our ability to corral a community, and all of these dead spam threads are suffocating and pushing down real content. We need someone from the community to step up and moderate this section (and it can't be me, because the admins have banned me from applying). We also need someone to moderate and regulate the CO2 Underground (because again, I'm not allowed to do that).

So here's the question: who can moderate?
Link to apply:

Thanks,
Spirited

Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/21/2018, 10:09   #2

elite*gold: 26
We either need proper mods or to just have this section closed and get it over with. At this point this section is doing more harm than good. If it can't be corrected then close it. It's been dead for years and that's no secret. Sorry for being brutally honest here
Moh
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/21/2018, 10:16   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution! View Post
We either need proper mods or to just have this section closed and get it over with. At this point this section is doing more harm than good. If it can't be corrected then close it. It's been dead for years and that's no secret. Sorry for being brutally honest here
Moh
Agreed...
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/21/2018, 10:17   #4

elite*gold: 0
Agreed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/21/2018, 10:19   #5

Received Thanks: 1,107
You are beating a dead horse.

They don't give a **** about the section because it's not that active anymore and it doesn't generate enough clicks for them.
Old 12/21/2018, 10:59   #6

elite*gold: 26
Then it's time to say goodbye and close this section. I'd start a petition to do this.
Old 12/21/2018, 12:38   #7

I think they should just delete this section instead of bothering finding a moderator who's going to moderate the section for 1 week and then quit, as always.

Let this section die, along with the game.
Old 12/21/2018, 17:18   #8

I get that moderation won't solve every problem, but it does allow for some level of sanity. I don't see the section closing.
Old 12/22/2018, 03:43   #9

elite*gold: 28
I mean I still check the forums pretty **** regularly, it would be nice to see this place cleaned up just a tad. (isn't exactly that much to moderate, it wouldn't be difficult)
Old 12/22/2018, 04:25   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
I mean I still check the forums pretty **** regularly, it would be nice to see this place cleaned up just a tad. (isn't exactly that much to moderate, it wouldn't be difficult)
DarkOPM came through and cleaned up a bit, which is nice.
I think the main problem is nobody wants to moderate, or the people who do don't qualify.
Old 12/22/2018, 06:42   #11

I've been in and out of this section for a while. Spirited how did you end up getting banned from moderating? Unless it was extremely justified I don't see why they wouldn't let you moderate a dead section when you're clearly the most active and fit for the role at the moment.
Old 12/22/2018, 12:10   #12

elite*gold: 80
What is the purpose of keeping the underground private at this point?
Old 12/22/2018, 13:16   #13
Administrator

elite*gold: 53948
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,056
We need mod applications. Everyone (except Spirited, I don't want to go into detail here, but you can be sure that we've our reasons) is welcome to apply as a moderator for the CO2 forums.

Closing the CO2 forum is no option, the game is old but still played and we still receive a good amount traffic for it, we might think about merging some forums, but to be honest, this shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/22/2018, 18:55   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
We need mod applications. Everyone (except Spirited, I don't want to go into detail here, but you can be sure that we've our reasons) is welcome to apply as a moderator for the CO2 forums.

Closing the CO2 forum is no option, the game is old but still played and we still receive a good amount traffic for it, we might think about merging some forums, but to be honest, this shouldn't be an issue.
I've been patient with the staff and keeping this hush for a very long time. I feel no reason why this should be kept private anymore when I say that you haven't even told me. Every time I ask, I'm simply told "no". The infraction on my account is not justified, and I have detailed why I'm not allowed to apply in a spoiler on my original post. I don't want to play games with the staff. I want to work with the staff. I've made those intentions very clear over the past 4 years. I'm only asking that I'm allowed to apply. Let our community decide if they want me as a moderator, at that point.

Edit: Here are some recent examples of me just being told "no" when I ask for details and timelines:

I'm 27 years old. I have my own place, my own car, a degree in Computer Science, a software engineering job at a fortune 500 company. I've completely stabilized my life, surrounded myself with supportive friends, and shutdown everything that was a negative influence on my life. I've done all of that work, but the only thing I hear is "no" and "it's a trust issue" from the staff. I've been nothing but diplomatic and open since the start of this, and respected the privacy of the situation for 4 years. This is insulting from a staff that prides itself on listening to its members. Look at the comments so far for this section. We know you don't listen to us, and getting any type of stability for this section is always short-lived and overpromised. Let us do something about that for once. We need people who understand the problems of the section and are willing to do something about it.

These problems that I've already listed and was said to be under control and continues to drive us away:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealarcher View Post
I've been in and out of this section for a while. Spirited how did you end up getting banned from moderating? Unless it was extremely justified I don't see why they wouldn't let you moderate a dead section when you're clearly the most active and fit for the role at the moment.
Already in a spoiler in the original post. I actually don't know why they refuse to let me apply. I only know what happened on my side. They won't tell me.
Old 12/22/2018, 20:34   #15

elite*gold: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
The infraction on my account is not justified
How many accounts deep are you now though?

You treat this forum like it is still full of experienced programmers contributing day to day when it is not. Anytime anyone asks any questions or releases anything that has the smell of "newbie" you criticize in a VERY destructive manner. Sure, a lot of people ask "newbie" questions or use very poorly written sources but that doesn't give you the right to be a **** about it. Remember, once upon a time you were writing/using "trash" code too.

If you could overcome your inner ******* and not power trip like some elitist programmer you would probably make a pretty decent moderator.
Thanks
4 Users
Closed Thread