Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Poll] Sticky Server Advertisements

Discussion on [Poll] Sticky Server Advertisements within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Should server advertisements be stickied if they meet requirements?
Yes, sticky deserving advertisements. 16 44.44%
No, do not sticky advertisements. 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06/01/2016, 10:10   #76
Administrator

elite*gold: 53948
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,056
I'm really not sure if you are serious or are trying to troll me. However, the sticky idea is no option, the extra work of the other ideas is not even worth mentioning and they work with more than a hand full of servers (= future proof). But there is also one small point (beside the fact that it doesn't fit with the internal epvp rules), the sticky solution always favours the bigger pservers, even if their owner doesn't maintain the server anymore at elitepvpers. I would have a bad feeling for those pserver owners who publish a new pserver with good quality, it wouldn't be neutral and would keep the big ones bigger.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/01/2016, 10:28   #77

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,565
I believe a resolution for all of this will never be found. So let's just close the post and be done with it?
Old 06/01/2016, 10:46   #78

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I'm really not sure if you are serious or are trying to troll me. However, the sticky idea is no option, the extra work of the other ideas is not even worth mentioning and they work with more than a hand full of servers (= future proof). But there is also one small point (beside the fact that it doesn't fit with the internal epvp rules), the sticky solution always favours the bigger pservers, even if their owner doesn't maintain the server anymore at elitepvpers. I would have a bad feeling for those pserver owners who publish a new pserver with good quality, it wouldn't be neutral and would keep the big ones bigger.
I don't feel that stickying threads is that unrealistic, but you do bring up a point about it favoring larger servers. It reduces entry into server hosting once you get to a point, but getting up to that point is that much more difficult. So, let's push forward with the suggestion of having a child forum for the advertisement section. I feel like that's getting much more ground than the sticky suggestion I had. As long as it's labeled properly so people understand they're dead servers, I have no problem with that.
Old 06/01/2016, 11:02   #79

elite*gold: 0
As a person that tried to run a pserver (and failed) I vote No for this. ****** server always go down. If someone actively manages his server, this will show into his server posting also, making it easier to find.
Old 06/01/2016, 16:45   #80

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
I believe a resolution for all of this will never be found. So let's just close the post and be done with it?
We might be able to take a compromise or get other opinions we could possibly take.
Old 06/01/2016, 19:58   #81

elite*gold: 28
well this is fun
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2016, 03:36   #82

elite*gold: 80
I'm in support of the sub-section to push dead server threads to. Sticky-ing the servers that meet the certain requirements really doesn't promote new developers, it only promotes existing established ones. If the "good" server were stickied and I was actively looking for one I wouldn't go any further than those deemed worthy by a moderator and could possibly miss out on the next big thing. Except that next big thing wouldn't become big because no one say its advertisement, do you see what I'm getting at?

I believe the sub-section is the most viable way to promote developers here on Epvp.

Also, love how the requirements of the "*** sticky status" changed throughout the conversation.
Old 06/07/2016, 12:50   #83
Administrator

elite*gold: 53948
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,056
We'll create the new subforum in the next few days.
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread