Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Making LOTF into a 5065 Source

Discussion on Making LOTF into a 5065 Source within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,291
Making LOTF into a 5065 Source

Hmm I've always loved 5065 servers.
I would love to own a 5065 Server but not a nooby binary one.
I wanna have a C# one.
Any input on how to make LOTF a 5065 Source.
I do not want to be spoonfed.
I would just like a little tips and/or examples.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/18/2009, 02:56   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiku View Post
Hmm I've always loved 5065 servers.
I would love to own a 5065 Server but not a nooby binary one.
I wanna have a C# one.
Any input on how to make LOTF a 5065 Source.
I do not want to be spoonfed.
I would just like a little tips and/or examples.
Well it probaly possible my friend Filer said he had done it

But he never showed me source lol but yeah he said he has done it

I allso wanna try this aswell , Goodluck
Old 11/18/2009, 02:57   #3

good luck brotha.
Old 11/18/2009, 03:05   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
You would just need to update the encryption (cause I'm fairly sure encryption changed in 5018+) and then update the source to have the new features.....

That being said if you are on the level of programing knowledge where you can program new features from scratch and update the encryption/packets... then you can probably just make your own source, or know better then to try to use lotf.

Doing large amounts of modification to lotf is generally not a good idea simply because it's a very poorly coded source to start with and most people who try it don't know what they are doing. This ends up with the source just being more and more ****** up as you try to add stuff.

You could always try bringing CoEmu down in patches (remove 5095 features and change encryption/packets back to 5065)... or just write your own source.
Old 11/18/2009, 03:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanoCoder View Post
Well it probaly possible my friend Filer said he had done it

But he never showed me source lol but yeah he said he has done it

I allso wanna try this aswell , Goodluck

I know it has to do with the encryptions, auth+game server and all that heep of stuffs.
But I need examples of what to do.
And yeahFiler told me about it thats why I want to do it.
Old 11/18/2009, 03:06   #6

Quote:

I know it has to do with the encryptions, auth+game server and all that heep of stuffs.
But I need examples of what to do.
And yeahFiler told me about it thats why I want to do it.
XD Yeah im interested in it cause of him :P
Old 11/18/2009, 03:27   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
You would just need to update the encryption (cause I'm fairly sure encryption changed in 5018+) and then update the source to have the new features.....

That being said if you are on the level of programing knowledge where you can program new features from scratch and update the encryption/packets... then you can probably just make your own source, or know better then to try to use lotf.

Doing large amounts of modification to lotf is generally not a good idea simply because it's a very poorly coded source to start with and most people who try it don't know what they are doing. This ends up with the source just being more and more ****** up as you try to add stuff.

You could always try bringing CoEmu down in patches (remove 5095 features and change encryption/packets back to 5065)... or just write your own source.
I like that idea ALOT.
How would I go about doing that.
How do I know what encryptions and whatnot to put?
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/18/2009, 03:32   #8

Quote:
I like that idea ALOT.
How would I go about doing that.
How do I know what encryptions and whatnot to put?
I have done virtually nothing with packets or encryption so my advice isn't really the best when it comes to that stuff. I'd try talking to InfamousNoone or someone like that who knows what they are doing.
Old 11/18/2009, 04:23   #9

like i said.. reverse engineering.. a pain.
Old 11/18/2009, 05:36   #10

elite*gold: 20
Change the encryption and packets ect. Most of the packets haven't changed I think just the offsets.
Old 11/18/2009, 05:42   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion~ View Post
Change the encryption and packets ect. Most of the packets haven't changed I think just the offsets.
Would you like to teach me what doing that is exactly?
Add me on MSN?

Old 11/18/2009, 07:17   #12

give up, by the sounds of your questions you have no idea what your doing, and the only way for you to achieve what you want is to be spoonfed, which simply won't happen.
Old 11/18/2009, 07:30   #13

He's not just saying that to be an ******* you realize.

If you want to learn how to do it I'd suggest look at some guides and try to add 5095 features to coEmu that requires packet work (such as nobility) and THEN start think about trying to switch an entire source to a different patch.

I'd also look at the encryption differences between 5017 and 5095. You could try converting CoEmu(5095) to a 5017 patch (by using Lotf as an example). That would bring you in the right step. You would still need to reverse engineer the encryption (or find a source that already has it) for 5065 and find the packets/packet offsets in order to create a working server.

Some of that stuff can be found by making a proxy to log the information sent/received between a client and a binary server running on the correct patch.

They are just saying that to have someone try to teach you that stuff from scratch, the person would have an easier time just re-writing the entire source themselves. Aka spoon feeding.
Old 11/18/2009, 10:09   #14

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
The Encryption is pretty much the same on 5095 and 5065, so that probably wont be a problem.

You will need to downgrade your packet structures, my advice would be to try logging into your 5095 source, see how far you get, make changes at each stage you find an issue untill your logged in succesfully. Then by that time you should be confident with changing packet structures and able to make the neccassery changes.
Old 11/18/2009, 11:10   #15

Cryptographer.cs, lol.

Get a 5065 crypto, I'm sure it's out, since 5095 & 5119 is out. Change the crypto, update packets and packetstructures some more small stuffs and you're done. Would probably not take longer than a few days since most of the packets are released.