Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Co Loader issue / help

Discussion on Co Loader issue / help within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Co Loader issue / help

Hey guys, I've been messing around with a private server and the server is running just fine. Though I am having a few issues with the client side. My internet doesn't have a static IP so I used no-ip to update my IP to an address. Now from what I can see, conquer server.dat has issues with reading an address instead of an IP. I thought downloading a Loader would fix this by putting the address in where the IP would be but thats still a no go. When I attempt to connect to the server it says some stuff about the server.dat have errors etc.

Basically my question is am I able to connect to my server through a web address that is updated with my IP or not? Is there a better way of doing this etc? Thanks guys, I really apreciate the help!
Old 01/07/2015, 05:57   #2

You can make a "loader of a loader", that should be started first, find your current IP address, put it in loader.ini file and then start the loader process.
Old 01/07/2015, 06:13   #3

Sorry Donn. That doesn't make much sence to me. For some reason I am now having troubled connecting to the server. I am not entirely sure whats going on so I guess first things first is to figure out why I can't connect using the IP address then go from there..
Old 01/07/2015, 08:28   #4

elite*gold: 130
If you plan on just testing locally I suggest you to use your local IP address.
Old 01/07/2015, 09:56   #5

Yeah im testing locally but I do have mates from another city that would like to play and if i can get this server established I wouldnt mind having it for anyone to join which means I need to come up with a way to get over the fact that my public IP is dynamic..
Old 01/07/2015, 11:03   #6

elite*gold: 15
If you just want to play with your friends I suggest you to use Hamachi instead of no-ip.
Old 01/07/2015, 12:33   #7

isn't using hook which read all available ips of the dns the write specific one to ip address variable could do it?
Old 01/07/2015, 13:59   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblexive View Post
Sorry Donn. That doesn't make much sence to me. For some reason I am now having troubled connecting to the server. I am not entirely sure whats going on so I guess first things first is to figure out why I can't connect using the IP address then go from there..
Your router should offer support for dynamic dns services. You should sign-up to no-ip (or any other provider supported by your router), configure your router to that dynamic dns service, and instruct your mates to find your IP by ping-ing your ddns name and put it in loader config.

Then you need to forward ports 9959 and 5816 from the router usually to your internal IP.
Old 01/07/2015, 14:24   #9

Yeah but the point was if i was to host this then I wouldn't want people to have to muck around to join the server.. For now yeah friends and family but hopefully ill be able to make into something bigger. I guess ill see what my router offers. I already have a host through no ip..
Old 01/07/2015, 18:49   #10

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblexive View Post
Yeah but the point was if i was to host this then I wouldn't want people to have to muck around to join the server.. For now yeah friends and family but hopefully ill be able to make into something bigger. I guess ill see what my router offers. I already have a host through no ip..
What we are suggesting is you write a simple program that they use as a play.exe

The program's purpose is to ping your domain name and use the resulting IP address to write a new loaderset.ini file. Once that's complete the program would launch the conquerloader.exe file causing them to never have to worry about IP addresses even when yours changes.
Old 01/08/2015, 14:57   #11

Thanks Pro, thats basically exactly what i was thinking. I just wouldn't know how to begin with doing something like that..
Old 01/09/2015, 13:19   #12

Try using Conquer Loader, i am using it with NO-ip and using address not ip in loaderset, works .
Old 01/09/2015, 16:08   #13

Mujake can you tell me which one / where you got it so I can try it out? Thanks man!
Old 01/09/2015, 17:32   #14

The one that pro4never recommends on Redux thread.
Here is my configuration file for it.

[Loader]
IPAddress= zuzugaming.zapto.org
LoginPort=9958
GamePort=5816
Website=NULL
Force=TRUE
Old 01/10/2015, 14:00   #15

Okay thats strange because the one pro recommended is what Im using with the exact same configuration.. Did you do anything with your server.dat? Also What would I put at the server end for the IP? I believe im using an old source called oldcodb