Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why do you people use C# and not C++ or java

Discussion on Why do you people use C# and not C++ or java within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Why do you people use C# and not C++ or java

Why do you people use C# and not C++ or java while they are better and advanced, just because C# is easier? c++ and java programs are always better!

Edit:

Conclusion: C# is better if you want to code something fast and easy in no time but it needs .Net framework so If you want something universal that works on every machine and advanced then you should go with C++ it is far better for big advanced games, go check companies like EA and Ubisoft most of their games are made in C++.
Old 04/07/2014, 20:42   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by C# Coder View Post
Why do you people use C# and not C++ or java while they are better and advanced, just because C# is easier? c++ and java programs are always better!

C# was the newest language back when co2 pserver development started. That might be a big influence.

C++ / Java isnt always better. In terms of conquer servers there wouldnt be too much difference between c++ / java / c# its nothing really demanding.

c++ requires a far better understanding of how things work at its core, .net gives you everything on a plate. Its much faster to develop in c# / java but to get the real performance benefit you would need to be a very expirienced c++ programmer, just syntax knowledge wont get you anywhere.

Btw, your username combined with all the bullshit you post makes you look like a joke
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/07/2014, 20:45   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
C# is very scalable. It's an easy go-to for private server development because it doesn't take much time to create a server, and it's much more efficient than languages like Java (given that it's not Mono C#). C++ is really nice, but unless you have some major plans for your server, it's not worth the effort. It's simply too much time to build a server from scratch. C++ is the best solution for efficiency, but C# is better in terms of expandability.

PS: Insulting members doesn't look good on you either, Yuki.
Old 04/07/2014, 20:47   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
C# is very scalable. It's an easy go-to for private server development because it doesn't take much time to create a server, and it's much more efficient than languages like Java (given that it's not Mono C#). C++ is really nice, but unless you have some major plans for your server, it's not worth the effort. It's simply too much time to build a server from scratch. C++ is the best solution for efficiency, but C# is better in terms of expandability.

PS: Insulting members doesn't look good on you either, Yuki.
Inb4 Java isn't slow. Its even faster is some cases.
Old 04/07/2014, 20:53   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
Inb4 Java isn't slow. Its even faster is some cases.
There are other things to consider other than sorting and array arithmetic. For a server, the socket layer is very important. If the socket is slow, the server is slow - and Java's socket layer is slow. You can do some benchmark tests, but in general, Java will be much, much slower than C#. Java simply isn't appropriate for a Conquer Online server project.
Old 04/07/2014, 20:59   #6

So I suppose C# Lang is the fastest and easiest but C++ is better if someone is making a big advanced games like Ubisoft's and EA?

I started learning C++ few weeks ago as I know a professional programmer in real life who told me it's advanced and hard so if I succeeded in learning it and understanding it well then the rest of the programming languages will be as easy as drinking water!
Old 04/07/2014, 21:14   #7

If you want to begin with programming I'd recommend C# though.
Don't see why you should start with C++ and maybe after that advance to C#.
Wasting a lot of time if you do, just saying.

As for Java, **** Java.
Old 04/07/2014, 21:58   #8

This is kinda the same as asking why people buy Coca-cola when they could buy Pepsi.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/07/2014, 22:10   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
This is kinda the same as asking why people buy Coca-cola when they could buy Pepsi.
I buy pepsi because it tastes better. Deal with it. <3
Old 04/07/2014, 22:37   #10

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
I buy pepsi because it tastes better. Deal with it. <3
Meh. Coke tastes way better than Pepsi
Thanks
7 Users
Old 04/07/2014, 23:32   #11

Because the first source(s), that pretty much started the CO private server development community, were coded in C#. From then on, a lot of people, begun their becoming of a programmer from coding CO servers, which were as previously stated, written in C#. If the first ones to code CO server had been C++ coders, a lot of us would most likely be coding in C++ too, instead of C#. This is my take on it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2014, 12:54   #12

There are more resources in C#, that`s the only reason. Oh and C# is marvelous. Too bad I don`t have the opportunity to work with it professionally anymore, everyone is just doing enterprise apps in C# which I`m effing bored of.

Also, the .NET framework is really really cool. To achieve the same set of libs in C++ you`d have to combine multiple libs, and would have to go through the fuss to make them work together. In .NET they just doooo.
Old 04/09/2014, 00:02   #13

I'm using C# and Java and i like Java more.
Started with C# and switched then to Java.
Syntax of Java / C# is very similiar
Old 04/09/2014, 03:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoiZe View Post
I'm using C# and Java and i like Java more.
Started with C# and switched then to Java.
Syntax of Java / C# is very similiar
There's an appropriate language for every job. Java is good for some applications, but not for all. It's good to know and work with multiple languages.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2014, 16:21   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
There's an appropriate language for every job. Java is good for some applications, but not for all. It's good to know and work with multiple languages.
Exactly, every language is a tool. You wouldn`t try to nail something with a chainsaw and wouldn`t try to cut wood with a hammer. I mean I would because it sounds awesome to chainsaw a nail in the wall but you get the idea.
Thanks
2 Users