Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Conquer Server Project [Java]

Discussion on New Conquer Server Project [Java] within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 08/26/2009, 01:22   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybris View Post
Which "non-java" ?
The project will be entirely coded in Java, we'll just make sure it'll be able to communicate with a bit of every possible kind of structures around it (websites, databases, files, human-actions, etc...) but we won't code these structures (maybe just for test purposes but that will be very simple and basic).
I mean conquer protocol stuff.
Old 08/26/2009, 01:35   #17

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,884
Quote:
Which "non-java" ?
The project will be entirely coded in Java, we'll just make sure it'll be able to communicate with a bit of every possible kind of structures around it (websites, databases, files, human-actions, etc...) but we won't code these structures (maybe just for test purposes but that will be very simple and basic).
JNI? Go go?
Old 08/26/2009, 02:08   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tao4229_ View Post
I mean conquer protocol stuff.
Could be usefull for sure.
Like the Crypting method they use to encrypt their packets :P So that we can decrypt those from the clients and encrypt our own
Or even the packets in themselves :P That would take us less work ^^

@InfamousNoone : Don't think i'll need to use the JNI but if i get stuck on communication problems that can't be solved with the Java library i'll use the JNI ^^
Old 08/26/2009, 03:05   #19

Quote:
Could be usefull for sure.
Like the Crypting method they use to encrypt their packets :P So that we can decrypt those from the clients and encrypt our own
Or even the packets in themselves :P That would take us less work ^^

@InfamousNoone : Don't think i'll need to use the JNI but if i get stuck on communication problems that can't be solved with the Java library i'll use the JNI ^^
I ment Tao can code using the JNI lol.
Old 08/26/2009, 03:49   #20

javas fun =]] i dont know much but it seems simple, i had a runescape source before and it didnt seem very hard. i wont join since i fail but good luck =]]
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/26/2009, 08:14   #21

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Hybris, you wouldn't have to teach me anything. I would just have to learn all the variables, which would take about 1-2 days, then I'm ready to go, which means it would move rapidly since I'm a pretty fast and stable coder.

And hybrid, no need for you to quote this (: <3
Old 08/26/2009, 10:52   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
Hybris, you wouldn't have to teach me anything. I would just have to learn all the variables, which would take about 1-2 days, then I'm ready to go, which means it would move rapidly since I'm a pretty fast and stable coder.

Actually, with Java you need to take a different approach to coding, since it doesn`t work the same way as C#. Just go to the Java webpage and learn how Java works, then start experimenting with it.
Old 08/26/2009, 11:01   #23

Quote:

It's not a matter of teaching you anything, Java is radically different from C++ and C#, for example Pointers "doesn't" exists and the memory management is "easier" to do. As i said there are many subtilities that most people beginning Java cannot see.
I need people who already experienced a bit of everything in Java.
Old 08/26/2009, 11:02   #24

Quote:
It's not a matter of teaching you anything, Java is radically different from C++ and C#, for example Pointers "doesn't" exists and the memory management is "easier" to do. As i said there are many subtilities that most people beginning Java cannot see.
I need people who already experienced a bit of everything in Java.
who are you? i remember ur name..
Old 08/26/2009, 11:03   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenz View Post
javas fun =]] i dont know much but it seems simple, i had a runescape source before and it didnt seem very hard. i wont join since i fail but good luck =]]
Java always "seems" simple first, but it's a subtile language that works radically different from others Thanks anyway :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenz View Post
who are you? i remember ur name..
I don't know if you remember that very old post about an UCCO Source code in C# that has been posted like...3 years ago. Well I'm one of those who worked the most on it with aidas.
Then when we left, some teams like CoEmu took what we had made and continued it.
Then I came back in one of those projects called CoEurope (leaded by Titanium and StarCelli) and left about 1 year and a half ago.
That's how ePvPers now have a big community of C# coders xD

#Merged
Old 08/26/2009, 12:10   #26

Hey Hybris, seeing this I wanna wish you goodluck with the project! I'll hope it will turn into something, just as you/us/we/them tried with all there projets UCCO, CoEmu 'n CoEu
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/26/2009, 12:13   #27

Go ask Qonquer
Qonquer is fully coded in Java
(alteast i heared so)
Old 08/26/2009, 12:15   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
Hey Hybris, seeing this I wanna wish you goodluck with the project! I'll hope it will turn into something, just as you/us/we/them tried with all there projets UCCO, CoEmu 'n CoEu
Eheh trying to make a real good job, I won't release anything until the system is ready. Then people will do whatever they want
(I don't think they will even have to modify the source code to make improvments ^^)
Well got some good ideas that I couldn't set up in UCCOs projects without making everything new...so i'm really making everything new and popularising Java too xD
Thanks tho ^^ didn't knew you were still on ElitePvpers
Old 08/26/2009, 12:16   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tere12 View Post
Go ask Qonquer
Qonquer is fully coded in Java
(alteast i heared so)
Qonquer is full of bugs too xD
They're making a new version without even debugging the current one xD
So asking a bugged source code ? No thanks ! xD

By the way, it wouldn't be fun if i had to steal the work from others ^^
Old 08/26/2009, 18:02   #30

Quote:
LOL (Hybris to anything.). Won't explain why that makes no sense what so ever in given context (I to variables). LOL (which to go). ***** that made my day. Guess what part it was.

Code:
I didn't. No need to post blatant lies, unless you're posting for comedic purposes. Have you tried stand up comedy?

I personally think java is an 'okay' language, I dislike the mainstream IDE's for it though.
Closed Thread