Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]GeoIP.dat

Discussion on [Help]GeoIP.dat within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help]GeoIP.dat

Hey guys another question I encountered.

People have been able to log in on my server but certain people can't, I encounter a file in the source code named GeoIP, I got a feeling that file contains IP ranges been banned or are not permitted to login since the file makes a call of what country and IP range the account is login from.

Is there any way I can make a new GeoIP or open this one to edit,

I tried the decrypt/encrypt programmed offered here in elitepvpers, notepad++, notepad, even changed file to.rar file to see what happens, as well as changing it to .txt but nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01/09/2014, 23:35   #2

GeoIP is just like an array which contains the first two or three numbers of every country ips and country names. try putting a breakpoints in visual studio and see whats happening
Old 01/10/2014, 00:51   #3

This is what i found in visual studio,

I deleted the code and the server interface shutsdown after running it. Honestly, I dont know what to do from this point forward.
Old 01/10/2014, 01:04   #4

geoip is for CountryLookup

u will know his function in console, if someone logged on or loggout his country will be written in console if he added it "thecoder". GeoIP function is to know the ip location.
Old 01/10/2014, 01:09   #5

So the problem i am having doesnt have to do anything with GeoIP?

The problem am experiencing is that players can log in but there are others who cant having a freeze when loading the game, the server is not telling me the message [time] player has log on. the client just freezes in loging into game server.

Details might be usefull, i am using dyndns.org free host, If i pay for a dns would it make any diference?

also all ports are opened trught router, they can even see the websites trought wamp www (means they can connect to my ip) is gotta be something in the source.
Old 01/10/2014, 01:45   #6

One easy way to tell if its your dns or the source is to have those people ping your server and see if they get any results.
If they do, but cant connect, its your server more than likely.

If they dont, then it could be a multitude of things.
Old 01/10/2014, 02:35   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
One easy way to tell if its your dns or the source is to have those people ping your server and see if they get any results.
If they do, but cant connect, its your server more than likely.

If they dont, then it could be a multitude of things.
Ping test 100% lost. What now? I got all setup as host and ports opened, how is possible that it cant be reach by some and others can reach it?

Edit-

We took the guy's antivirus down and it worked, for some reason antivirus or firewall w.e the program he was using is blocking my server's ip. Anyway i can get an ip that avoids security checking so those programs dont block it?