Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Open-Source Development: A C++ Project

Discussion on Open-Source Development: A C++ Project within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: What Conquer-Like game should I make a server for?
Conquer Online 1.0 11 73.33%
Era of Faith (English Version) 2 13.33%
The Warlords 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11/25/2012, 16:24   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,107
Honestly.. I think this thread is the beginning of burning sky's failure, I think you need all the help you can get to bring burning sky's to life... And if you think you can pull it off on your own, you are mistaken, You can't clap with one hand... And working on a second different project will extend burning sky's deadline a couple more month's whether you like it or not :P

One of those projects will never see the light
Old 11/25/2012, 17:02   #17

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Burning Skies will continue... I'm still recovering it. I haven't given up on the project in my 2 year history of being here (I've had to freeze it because of academics, but never have I given up); so what makes you think that I'd give up now? I've restarted it but never given up. The current source I have is great, and I have absolutely no reason to restart it.

Going back to this project, I don't care if it extends Burning Skies's deadline. Both of these projects are academic projects. I'm required to know networking in VC++ by a few companies that I'll be applying to this winter, thus I chose to do this. The other companies I'll be applying to like the idea as well. Internship applications start now and end January 31st, and that's why I'll be spending some of my time creating an example to show. Google wants me to make it open-source, so that's what I'm doing.
Old 12/02/2012, 11:17   #18

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Thanks for your responses. Although Conquer 1.0 was the most voted here, a lot of people from other forums and sections liked the idea of an Era of Faith source. Since the games are so similar, I've decided to create a Conquer Online & Era of Faith hybrid server. The switch will be controlled by a source build definition. I'll be hosting the project using a trusted SVN host. You can expect the development thread to be posted to this section some time this Winter break (probably after Christmas). Cheers.

#request close
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/02/2012, 17:14   #19

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
#Closed as requested
Closed Thread