Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need to know how to prevent Sql Injection

Discussion on Need to know how to prevent Sql Injection within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need to know how to prevent Sql Injection

Any one knows how? I just need to learn it how with explanation guys, or some example to do script, I have google it and I found something but I need another from here, I know someone knows how to explain it well.
Old 09/03/2012, 18:29   #2

Escaping is the word

You Must prevent user from entering characters that is mainly used in DB Queries

I will give you an example of how the process is done

you have a simple DB Query like

Quote:
SELECT * FROM Accounts WHERE Name = 'badguy4you'
if you let users enter the ' symbol, they can exploit it to get other infromation like turning the above query to something like

Quote:
SELECT * FROM Accounts WHERE Name = 'badguy4you' AND Age = '31'
So you can simply do Escaping on any user input [that interferes with the DB] to prevent this exploit

this is just a brief for you, of course you can find a lot on the internet, JUST GOOGLE IT !
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/03/2012, 18:34   #3

Check this Link

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/04/2012, 17:21   #4

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
I wrote a simple function that parse queries and make them safe for one kind of SQL-injections. It's PHP, but as a programmer I'm sure you'll understand it.

Code:
function safe_query($query="") {
	global $_mysql_querys;
	if(stristr(str_replace(' ', '', $query), "unionselect")===FALSE AND stristr(str_replace(' ', '', $query), "union(select")===FALSE){
		$_mysql_querys[] = $query;
		if(empty($query)) return false;
		if(DEBUG == "OFF") $result = mysql_query($query) or die('Query failed!');
		else {
			$result = mysql_query($query) or die('Query failed: '
			.'<li>errorno='.mysql_errno()
			.'<li>error='.mysql_error()
			.'<li>query='.$query);
		}
		return $result;
	}
	else die();