Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP]Portals

Discussion on [HELP]Portals within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP]Portals

How can u make custom portals? Just need a point in the right direction to start
Custom portals i mean adding portals any were not editing portals that are
already on the map
Old 09/26/2008, 12:48   #2

Yes, you can. Before asking questions you need to do the following:
1) Lurk Moar
2) ???
3) Profit!

thanks
-Rech
Old 09/26/2008, 18:39   #3

elite*gold: 20
You need to edit the dmap. There's a section after all the coordinate data that has a portal_count and a list of portals. You can hex edit the data in, make sure you update the portal_count. It'd be esier to do with code than trying to do manually though.
Old 09/26/2008, 20:51   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownone View Post
You need to edit the dmap. There's a section after all the coordinate data that has a portal_count and a list of portals. You can hex edit the data in, make sure you update the portal_count. It'd be esier to do with code than trying to do manually though.
like brave.dmap?
i dont see any information inside it about portals or counts or coordinates
Old 09/26/2008, 21:24   #5

Read a uint32 at 268 and another at 272. Multiply the first by 6, add 4 to the result, then multiply the result by the second uint32, Finally add 280. This will give you the location in the dmap where the portal data starts. First is a uint32 of the portal_count, then each portal contains a uint32 for it's x, y position, and there's another uint32 that should be set to zero (although can be set to other values for a different kind of portal).
Old 09/26/2008, 21:41   #6

Quote:
Read a uint32 at 268 and another at 272. Multiply the first by 6, add 4 to the result, then multiply the result by the second uint32, Finally add 280. This will give you the location in the dmap where the portal data starts. First is a uint32 of the portal_count, then each portal contains a uint32 for it's x, y position, and there's another uint32 that should be set to zero (although can be set to other values for a different kind of portal).
just curious what do the other portal types do?...
Old 09/26/2008, 22:36   #7

Quote:
Just to say, HOW THE **** WOULD YOU KNOW THAT FIRST SENTENCE, IT IS LIKE TOTALLY RANDOM?!??
Old 09/27/2008, 17:24   #8

awe come on tao, that makes perfect sense -- however my Hex file reader i made the other night sucks *** and I cant quite add portals with it XD (needs some tweaking.,.. never really worked with hex before)
Old 09/27/2008, 17:40   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechocto View Post
awe come on tao, that makes perfect sense -- however my Hex file reader i made the other night sucks *** and I cant quite add portals with it XD (needs some tweaking.,.. never really worked with hex before)
Lol, making your own hex file reader

You using System::IO::BinaryReader?