Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project PVP]

Discussion on [Project PVP] within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old 08/01/2010, 19:15   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminationn View Post
Actually with the mobs. Depending on the host/how well the server is written the mobs will lag it. I would say say if someone like Ultimation coded mobs they wouldn't make anymore lag. So I'm sure alot of people can code mobs without adding lag. (Impulse, Kinshi, ImmuneOne, Korvacs, Saint, Hybrid, Ultimation and so on....)

So I'm going against the mobs = lag inless its badly written (like newestcoserver.)
well, we dont have lag and we used newestcoserver
the only actual problem with newestco server is the database.

The most problems can easy be fixed.
Old 08/01/2010, 19:59   #17

elite*gold: 28
True but in the long run. You fixed alot of things...Socket system and other **** .
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/02/2010, 04:32   #18

I didnt do alot to sockets as i suck with it.
I changed a variable or 2.
And used some of and old source yuki send me.
That we never used for anything.
the problem with the 5165 is actually the database most of time.
Old 08/02/2010, 06:26   #19

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
*ahem* on topic... it's 5065 meaning it's binaries (HIGHLY doubt this is a custom source).. meaning the debate on if he can code mobs so that it won't lag the server or not is rather pointless.

That being said... mixing new/old jumps is fail.

Personally I don't mind new jumps because old jumps are far too easy for fbing (lets put it this way... I'm not that special at fb and when i switched alchemy to old jumps I got a 6 hit chain vs a very good player...) New jumps provide a challenge and make things more interesting (decent fbers can still chain 3-4 hits with new jumps)

Old jumps: You cannot really stop anyone from using the new jump files (other than speed hack checks, reporting players... etc) meaning you will have players who appear to be speeding. If your server has ninjas then you will have even more problems because they can not be given the old jumps (didn't exist) so they will be speeding for all intensive purposes

New Jumps: Faster, harder to hit in pvp but VERY possible. This whole debate about how it's 'pure luck' then is complete bullshit. You can still fb **** well with new jumps. Old jumps was just pathetically easy for fbing... if you don't believe that then fb on new jumps for a week or two then switch to old... you will hit with 2-3x accuracy.

Either jump is fine but when it comes right down to it... DON'T MIX JUMPS... and if you have ninjas or are worried about balance.. don't use old jumps because then people can mix them with new jumps. random thought... if someone was a really good editor they could create a new general data subtype so that you could PROPERLY have both types of jump on the server at once... sadly I doubt anyone on epvp could if it's even possible... massive .exe editing.

Anyways... as for other issues I'd mostly focus on stamina... Fb/ss requires skill.. hurc is nubish and anything else is just 'filler' in my eyes. Melee takes real skill if you aren't a total stun ***** (lets see you predict where someone is going to jump BEFORE they go there, jump there and hit them before they jump away... it's ******* hard) I mean yes.. you could go all melee zapping but that's just lame anyways. The point here is that if you have unlimited stamina then fb/ss simply becomes spammed and you can just keep on hitting over and over with no repercussions.
Old 08/02/2010, 17:37   #20

I really have no idea why you guys are flaming this thread. It's a Bin big deal. Lot's of server's use Bin's & people are fine with it. Don't like the new jump ? Just close the thread & look for another server. Don't like unlimited stam ? Then just go somewhere else. Simple.
Old 08/02/2010, 17:40   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
*ahem* on topic... it's 5065 meaning it's binaries (HIGHLY doubt this is a custom source).. meaning the debate on if he can code mobs so that it won't lag the server or not is rather pointless.

That being said... mixing new/old jumps is fail.

Personally I don't mind new jumps because old jumps are far too easy for fbing (lets put it this way... I'm not that special at fb and when i switched alchemy to old jumps I got a 6 hit chain vs a very good player...) New jumps provide a challenge and make things more interesting (decent fbers can still chain 3-4 hits with new jumps)

Old jumps: You cannot really stop anyone from using the new jump files (other than speed hack checks, reporting players... etc) meaning you will have players who appear to be speeding. If your server has ninjas then you will have even more problems because they can not be given the old jumps (didn't exist) so they will be speeding for all intensive purposes

New Jumps: Faster, harder to hit in pvp but VERY possible. This whole debate about how it's 'pure luck' then is complete bullshit. You can still fb damn well with new jumps. Old jumps was just pathetically easy for fbing... if you don't believe that then fb on new jumps for a week or two then switch to old... you will hit with 2-3x accuracy.

Either jump is fine but when it comes right down to it... DON'T MIX JUMPS... and if you have ninjas or are worried about balance.. don't use old jumps because then people can mix them with new jumps. random thought... if someone was a really good editor they could create a new general data subtype so that you could PROPERLY have both types of jump on the server at once... sadly I doubt anyone on epvp could if it's even possible... massive .exe editing.

Anyways... as for other issues I'd mostly focus on stamina... Fb/ss requires skill.. hurc is nubish and anything else is just 'filler' in my eyes. Melee takes real skill if you aren't a total stun whore (lets see you predict where someone is going to jump BEFORE they go there, jump there and hit them before they jump away... it's fucking hard) I mean yes.. you could go all melee zapping but that's just lame anyways. The point here is that if you have unlimited stamina then fb/ss simply becomes spammed and you can just keep on hitting over and over with no repercussions.
Is hard to play with new jump, when u have played old jump all ur life
Im used to chain with old jump, but as soon it gets new jump, then I can't even get one kill =p
Old 08/06/2010, 23:57   #22

#BUMP
Just some screen shots of some maps nothing special.

Old 08/07/2010, 00:02   #23

I know this might goes off topic.
But can I ask you how u made new maps :O
Old 08/08/2010, 23:00   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmad View Post
I know this might goes off topic.
But can I ask you how u made new maps :O
I didn't ?

#BUMP !

Little video someone made.
Old 08/08/2010, 23:30   #25

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
:O what skill are you using the meteor-g effect for?

I had planned to use meteor and sea for custom skills... as well as steal some of the skill effects from eud that are already in the client (+ some more) for increased variety and new wep skills.
Old 08/09/2010, 05:30   #26

Uh , it's not a skill , it's for weed ( custom pot ) lol get it pot ?
Old 08/09/2010, 13:18   #27

The video, looks unpro as all use random shots.
exactly reason, why i wont join
Goodluck on server
Old 08/09/2010, 20:55   #28

Quote:
The video, looks unpro as all use random shots.
exactly reason, why i wont join
Goodluck on server
Uh , their not all random shots most of them made hits.
Old 08/10/2010, 10:28   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvuong View Post
Uh , their not all random shots most of them made hits.
exactly, u hit alot with random shots, because the shots are everywhere, makes the game less fun.
trust me, a pvp server with new jump.
is like a sandwich without bread.
Old 08/10/2010, 18:48   #30

Quote:
exactly, u hit alot with random shots, because the shots are everywhere, makes the game less fun.
trust me, a pvp server with new jump.
is like a sandwich without bread.
No , because if you were really good you could hit people who "spam" you and i don't see anything wrong with new jump.
Closed Thread