Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:59

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


Kingdom Conquer - Classic Server

Discussion on Kingdom Conquer - Classic Server within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 19
Received Thanks: 5
Kingdom Conquer - Classic Server



Kingdom Conquer - Classic Server (5165 version | European server)

I welcome everyone that like the classic version of conquer online to try this new server!
It has most of the classic server features and some mods that give a litle twist to the game to be more enjoyable.

Our objective is to provide player the best experience of Classic Conquer Online, but in the other hand we don't want to offer you an easy server,
where you can level from 1 to 130 in a couple hours, or make sockets with a few mets/dbs, you will have to work a little to achieve things.



For more information you can try our website and our facebook.

website:
facebook:

Come and play with us, maybe you'll like and stay!



ptdevil is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2018, 05:39   #2
 
elite*gold: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,278
Received Thanks: 3,536
Another NCOS clone...
Struggling to see any originality in this... but maybe it's just a bad advertisement?


Spirited is offline  
Old 04/27/2018, 07:47   #3
 
elite*gold: 67
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,316
Received Thanks: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Another NCOS clone...
Struggling to see any originality in this... but maybe it's just a bad advertisement?
At least they're using a more modern webserver. MySQL is still open to the net though
Xio. is offline  
Old 04/27/2018, 09:24   #4
 
elite*gold: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,278
Received Thanks: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
At least they're using a more modern webserver. MySQL is still open to the net though
Behind a virtual firewall.
Not interested in security for this server, which is why I'm asking about the advertisement.


Spirited is offline  
Old 04/27/2018, 12:48   #5
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Received Thanks: 85
I honestly don't want to sound rude or anything like that but I will tell you the same as I have told many of the servers like this that have popped out of thin air for the past few years.
If you actually want to run a successful come up with your own ideas and stop ripping off other servers content or if you do it at least be more discrete about it.
I mean, look at it, you didn't even went through the trouble of completely editing this Shannara Conquer's custom garment as it still have the logo in the background.
Worst than that is advertising these as "your" new garments.




Here's another one that's also a custom garment on Shannara and that you've decided to make it "yours":

I could go on and on with this but I believe it's enough for you to get my point. I'm not even going to talk about how terrible the NCOS source you're using is, I'll rather focus on the way that you are presenting your server. If what you have to offer is a rip-off from existing servers then you'll always be the "copy-cat" server.

If you want to get attention from the crowds do this: go through every single line of code on that source, remove the "custom-stuff" that was copied from other servers and try to come up with your own ideas to stand out.
Legacy is doing it, ConquerGods is doing it. I don't see why you can't be doing it either.

- Nyo
Nyorai is offline  
Old 06/22/2018, 23:52   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 163
Received Thanks: 36
This server is an amazing server, I've been working for it now and then. The owner is doing a great job and dedicates a lot of effort on the server. The server now peaks at 150 online sometimes, average 70 online. The server also was moved to US server.

You can check the events/pictures here and I'll post some of the up-coming updates here.



To Nyorai, this server is actually more actively developed than yours and the only advantage you have is the custom clients GUI which will be done sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorai View Post
I honestly don't want to sound rude or anything like that but I will tell you the same as I have told many of the servers like this that have popped out of thin air for the past few years.
If you actually want to run a successful come up with your own ideas and stop ripping off other servers content or if you do it at least be more discrete about it.
I mean, look at it, you didn't even went through the trouble of completely editing this Shannara Conquer's custom garment as it still have the logo in the background.
Worst than that is advertising these as "your" new garments.




Here's another one that's also a custom garment on Shannara and that you've decided to make it "yours":

I could go on and on with this but I believe it's enough for you to get my point. I'm not even going to talk about how terrible the NCOS source you're using is, I'll rather focus on the way that you are presenting your server. If what you have to offer is a rip-off from existing servers then you'll always be the "copy-cat" server.

If you want to get attention from the crowds do this: go through every single line of code on that source, remove the "custom-stuff" that was copied from other servers and try to come up with your own ideas to stand out.
Legacy is doing it, ConquerGods is doing it. I don't see why you can't be doing it either.

- Nyo
The whole process is a ripping process you're not doing something unique, what you did is just ripped some garments and added your logo?? Well, I think it's pretty obvious what is being done in general so please stop complaining about the garments and focus about the in-game work? Have you even bothered to give it a try before trash-talking? No.

Please focus on your server
iBotx is offline  
Old 06/23/2018, 01:20   #7
 
elite*gold: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,278
Received Thanks: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBotx View Post
This server is an amazing server, I've been working for it now and then. The owner is doing a great job and dedicates a lot of effort on the server. The server now peaks at 150 online sometimes, average 70 online. The server also was moved to US server.

You can check the events/pictures here and I'll post some of the up-coming updates here.



To Nyorai, this server is actually more actively developed than yours and the only advantage you have is the custom clients GUI which will be done sooner or later.



The whole process is a ripping process you're not doing something unique, what you did is just ripped some garments and added your logo?? Well, I think it's pretty obvious what is being done in general so please stop complaining about the garments and focus about the in-game work? Have you even bothered to give it a try before trash-talking? No.

Please focus on your server
I feel like this response is highly unjustified. Nyorai wasn't **** talking anyone, but you definitely are by saying your server is more developed than his is. If your server is really taking content from his client, then he has a right to display his concerns. I don't get where your attitude came from when reading his comment.
Spirited is offline  
Old 06/23/2018, 04:01   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 419
Received Thanks: 43
All pop-up NCOS Server are work of iBotx
Soulfly25 is offline  
Old 06/23/2018, 05:33   #9

 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 123
Received Thanks: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBotx View Post
This server is an amazing server, I've been working for it now and then. The owner is doing a great job and dedicates a lot of effort on the server. The server now peaks at 150 online sometimes, average 70 online. The server also was moved to US server.

You can check the events/pictures here and I'll post some of the up-coming updates here.



To Nyorai, this server is actually more actively developed than yours and the only advantage you have is the custom clients GUI which will be done sooner or later.



The whole process is a ripping process you're not doing something unique, what you did is just ripped some garments and added your logo?? Well, I think it's pretty obvious what is being done in general so please stop complaining about the garments and focus about the in-game work? Have you even bothered to give it a try before trash-talking? No.

Please focus on your server
What he was stating is to stop trying to rip someone else work and pass it off as your own. If you are indeed ripping it you might as well give credits where you got it off.
EpochCommunity is offline  
Old 06/23/2018, 05:34   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 163
Received Thanks: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I feel like this response is highly unjustified. Nyorai wasn't shit talking anyone, but you definitely are by saying your server is more developed than his is. If your server is really taking content from his client, then he has a right to display his concerns. I don't get where your attitude came from when reading his comment.
First It's not my server, I'm just developing for it.

Second I'm not the one doing the client work on the server but most of the work done there is done mainly by the owner you can check it yourself, but coming to people's posts and saying that their server is a 'COPY' of your server because it's competing his server isn't something cool I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
All pop-up NCOS Server are work of iBotx
Seriously? You want to do this? Am I the one ripping. Let's not go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochCommunity View Post
What he was stating is to stop trying to rip someone else work and pass it off as your own. If you are indeed ripping it you might as well give credits where you got it off.
You people should really check the game before trash-talking over here and saying the people are ripping from you guys.
iBotx is offline  
Old 06/23/2018, 06:50   #11

 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 123
Received Thanks: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBotx View Post
First It's not my server, I'm just developing for it.

Second I'm not the one doing the client work on the server but most of the work done there is done mainly by the owner you can check it yourself, but coming to people's posts and saying that their server is a 'COPY' of your server because it's competing his server isn't something cool I guess.



Seriously? You want to do this? Am I the one ripping. Let's not go there.



You people should really check the game before trash-talking over here and saying the people are ripping from you guys.
I'm just replying to the content posted on this epvp thread, That all. I'm not trash talking I'm just giving my feedback based on what i seen on this thread.
EpochCommunity is offline  
Old 06/23/2018, 09:31   #12
 
elite*gold: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,278
Received Thanks: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBotx View Post
First It's not my server, I'm just developing for it.

Second I'm not the one doing the client work on the server but most of the work done there is done mainly by the owner you can check it yourself, but coming to people's posts and saying that their server is a 'COPY' of your server because it's competing his server isn't something cool I guess.



Seriously? You want to do this? Am I the one ripping. Let's not go there.



You people should really check the game before trash-talking over here and saying the people are ripping from you guys.
If you're not in charge and you don't want to take charge, then don't assume charge and then whine about being assumed in charge. Let the owner talk down or address concerns. Your department is not to **** talk server owners who have legitimate gripes against how the server is stealing content. Your job is to do development work. That is all, it, zip. Get a clue and think through how your actions represent what you're defending before you start making enemies with other server owners and members of the community. Bad taste.
Spirited is offline  
Old 06/24/2018, 00:22   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 576
Received Thanks: 107
I love when people on this forum get **** hurt when others use their work. Like literally this whole forum exists because we are all using the work of others. Then someone says something like "if you are going to use the work of others at least credit them." And yet, here we are, most that have developed and opened a private server to the public are not crediting NetDragon for their resources.

This forum is continuing to beat a dead horse, you guys can't expect much originality to continually come from it. Most "features" are going to have been done at one point or another in the life of this community. The ones that will stand out are those that are most stable and well integrated. Its painfully obvious when something is done right or not, as I'm sure we can all agree on.
StarBucks is offline  
Old 06/24/2018, 04:12   #14
 
elite*gold: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,278
Received Thanks: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBucks View Post
I love when people on this forum get **** hurt when others use their work. Like literally this whole forum exists because we are all using the work of others. Then someone says something like "if you are going to use the work of others at least credit them." And yet, here we are, most that have developed and opened a private server to the public are not crediting NetDragon for their resources.

This forum is continuing to beat a dead horse, you guys can't expect much originality to continually come from it. Most "features" are going to have been done at one point or another in the life of this community. The ones that will stand out are those that are most stable and well integrated. Its painfully obvious when something is done right or not, as I'm sure we can all agree on.
I can understand your position, but I don't think you see the full picture. If we're just talking about the basic principle of Conquer Online development, then I'd agree. Nothing is really its own, owned entity when you're essentially stealing everything that sits underneath your work. Now, from a workmanship standpoint as a game developer or artist of the community, plagiarism should be heavily scrutinized. This is someone's hard work and should be respected as such - especially if their livelihood depends on their work here. Realistically, what good does letting people steal your content do for your pocket and server growth?
Spirited is offline  
Old 06/25/2018, 03:02   #15
 
elite*gold: 200
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 189
Received Thanks: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBotx View Post
First It's not my server, I'm just developing for it.

Second I'm not the one doing the client work on the server but most of the work done there is done mainly by the owner you can check it yourself, but coming to people's posts and saying that their server is a 'COPY' of your server because it's competing his server isn't something cool I guess.



Seriously? You want to do this? Am I the one ripping. Let's not go there.



You people should really check the game before trash-talking over here and saying the people are ripping from you guys.
Spirited and Epoch pretty much said everything already but here's my two cents.
My post was directed at the person who created the thread in the first place who happens to be the owner of the server.

First things first, if you read my post carefully you noticed that it was mostly made in a friendly and suggestive tone in order to help the owner make his server stand out from the crowd and work on his own content that would make his server unique - explaining him what he should not do.
I did mention in my post that I wasn't going to talk about the source that's being used as a base for the server but instead I would focus on the way that the owner is presenting the server to the community - using other people's work without asking or giving credits and using that work as his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyorai;
I'll rather focus on the way that you are presenting your server. If what you have to offer is a rip-off from existing servers then you'll always be the "copy-cat" server.
Also, I don't quite understand the correlation between the development ratio of Shannara and the fact that it makes it fine to use other people's work without permission or at least giving credits.

Finally, I would just like to leave something clear here: I did not trashtalk about this server at any moment like you mentioned, I was simply calling out someone for using other people's work as his own without asking or giving due credit at least. In order to do so I don't need to test the server or even download the client, all that's required for me to do such critique is out there in the public channels as this post or the Facebook page. I keep my words when I say this server has ripped off my work without permission or giving the due credits because it's the truth.

Don't take me wrong but I honestly expected more from you/the owner. If someone calls you out for using their work without permission you pretty much have two choices: accept it, apologize and ask if it's ok to continue using it or try to defend yourself/attack the other person. Well, three, ignore it and continue using it. If you took my comment as an attack towards the server then you're clearly not used to be criticized because it was nothing else but that.

If you know me or Shannara then you should know that I've always avoided drama specially when it comes to other servers. However, that doesn't mean I won't be calling out those who use my work without permission/credits. I've done it with every single server that was advertised here and did that.

Thanks for your time, sorry for the mess and best of luck with the server!

Best regards,
- Nyo


Nyorai is offline  
Reply

Tags
classic server, conquer classic server, conquer online 2.0



« Champions Conquer Classic 5375 EU | Releasing Classic CommunityCO for public »

Similar Threads
[Buying] Classic RAVEN/Classic Hawk/Classic SOUZA
02/22/2016 - Combat Arms Trading - 0 Replies
I need a Account with Classic spec Skype: marc12111
[Tekkit Classic]Kingdom Tekkit Classic [3.1.2]
06/08/2013 - Minecraft Server Advertising - 4 Replies
#CLOSE



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:59.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

BTC: 3KeUpz52VCbhmLwuwydqxu6U1xsgbT8YT5
ETH: 0xc6ec801B7563A4376751F33b0573308aDa611E05

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2019 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.