Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Classic Conquer Online - Pure 5017 Delight!

Discussion on Classic Conquer Online - Pure 5017 Delight! within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Classic Conquer Online - Pure 5017 Delight!

CCO is finally here and ready to bring you back to the 'golden days' of conquer!

This is a project I've been involved with (on the coding side) for the past month or so and I'm quite excited to see them finally online and ready for players to join up.

What is CCO?

Classic Conquer Online is a path 5017 server aiming to provide an accurate 'TQ' style emulation of conquer. It will not be limited to being exactly the same as TQ but it WILL be far more accurate than most other servers you might come across.

All 5017 features should now be working properly as intended but as with all servers, bug reports are appreciated (can use the /report command or report through website).

Features/Rates??

As mentioned, all 5017 features should be functioning properly. This includes things such as (but not limited to)

-Max level 130
-Max + 9
-Max Reborn 1
-Dice king
-Player housing + furniture
-Player shops
-Dis city
-Hourly PVP events
-Full Monster Exterminator quest (including jar!)
-Guilds/Guild war (runs Friday-Saturday)

Rates are medium to low. If you dedicate yourself to hunting you will find plenty of items but the rates are such that hunting is actually required (you shouldn't expect to have 'great gear' just from standard leveling)

Why play CCO over *insert server here*

CCO is here to stay. While I'm not the direct admin of the server, I've been working with him doing the programming side of things for over a month. It's quite rare to see someone so focused on providing a quality play experience that they will take the time to do it right rather than just saying 'screw it, lets launch now'.

That dedication is a clear indicator to anyone considering playing that your progress will be secure for a long time to come. There are no rollbacks or loss of data, the server is not going to be shutting down and you can feel confident that the time you put into your characters will be highly rewarded.

This is an accurate emulation of conquer as it existed in path 5017. If you want that classic feel and (relatively) classic client then there's no contest when compared against most other 'classic' servers on the market.

PS: As a bonus, the website contains a TON of useful tracking information including live feed of server events, player ratings/achievements and more!

HOW TO PLAY!?

Official Website:

You can register and download the client from there. Please feel free to post about your experience as we're constantly trying to track down any final bugs and create new content to last for years to come.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2015, 03:35   #2

Had a lot of new people joining in and I'm really happy with the progress the server has made. The new years patch is live now so thought I'd go over some of the main new changes and features.

-Players with heaven bless now can claim 1 hour double exp every day!
-Competing in PVP events will now reward you with bonus exp
-Lowered gold drop rates
-Ganoderma/Titan has 100% exp potion droprate now (up from 20%)
-Gano/Titan now sends a server message when it spawned (most ppl didn't know it was there..)
-Added custom monster hunter quests (starting gear, bonus exp and rare items for killing mobs near your level)
-Added PoisonFang quest. Get refined, unique or elite necklaces + rings to use!
-Fixed issues with buffs/effects being reset when equipment was swapped
-Fixed issues with mob ai/screening
-Fixed numerous bugs (minor and major)
Old 01/02/2015, 06:05   #3

elite*gold: 0
Pretty nice! lots of people joining up and praising!

Server Is hosted in USA for those of you that want to know!
Old 01/02/2015, 14:49   #4

Why is the server offline? been offline for like 4 hours now. Destra here
Old 01/02/2015, 15:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeds26 View Post
Why is the server offline? been offline for like 4 hours now. Destra here
Thanks for the comment.

I don't actually have access to the server. The server is currently running in debug mode to track down any final issues.

Likely an exception has been thrown and the server is waiting for someone with access to it to make a fix.

As soon as Vincent or another GM with access to the server is online he will send me a copy of the error, I will make my changes and the server will be back up and ready to play.

Very sorry for the inconvenience and I'll do what I can to try to speed up the process on my end.
Old 01/02/2015, 15:58   #6

elite*gold: 15
I knew it was your server before you advertised on epvp x)
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2015, 16:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhermanos View Post
I knew it was your server before you advertised on epvp x)

Then you would be wrong before everyone else!

The server is run by Vincent. I'm simply the programmer for the project.... that being said though I definitely need to get access to the server so I can avoid longer downtimes like this.
Old 01/02/2015, 20:21   #8

Server back online now, sorry about that everyone!
Old 01/02/2015, 20:32   #9

This server is great. I've got 90 ping most of the time which is about the best I get on any game. Usually private servers are in the 300-500 range for me but this is smooth and steady.

Free things arent thrown at you but if you hunt you'll find elites/supers/+1's/mets/dbs at a great rate. Not to much but not TQ status either.

Few bugs here and there but completely playable. Looking forward to this server growing and sticking around a while!
Old 01/02/2015, 21:48   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark27 View Post
This server is great. I've got 90 ping most of the time which is about the best I get on any game. Usually private servers are in the 300-500 range for me but this is smooth and steady.

Free things arent thrown at you but if you hunt you'll find elites/supers/+1's/mets/dbs at a great rate. Not to much but not TQ status either.

Few bugs here and there but completely playable. Looking forward to this server growing and sticking around a while!
Thanks so much for the kind words!

Remember to use the /report feature every time to notice something out of place (even if its just something you feel could be 'better'). We want this server to be a huge success and I'll be the first to admit there's still plenty of work for me to do in getting us there

Hoping to start into some more events and unique features next week but right now the main priority is of course stability and bug fixes.
Old 01/03/2015, 00:58   #11

elite*gold: 130
Took a quick look at the page source and this is what I found out:
  • No doctype on the homepage
  • pages with a doctype use the old xhtml doctype while having html5 elements
  • responsive menu has the login box
  • the login box increases the page width (responsive menu)
  • duplicate jquery loading
  • inline javascript

As for loading data from php files, did a quick improvement:

You have:
PHP Code:
setInterval(refresh_events30000);     
setTimeout(refresh_events100); //For some reason it only populates with a delay.
function refresh_events()
{
    $(
'#newsfeed_body').load('classes/ServerEvents.php').fadeIn("slow");
}

setInterval(refresh_onlineCount30000);     
setTimeout(refresh_onlineCount10); 
function 
refresh_onlineCount()
{
    $(
'#online_count').load('classes/OnlineCount.php').fadeIn("slow");
}

setInterval(refresh_serverStatus30000);     
setTimeout(refresh_serverStatus10); 
function 
refresh_serverStatus()
{
    $(
'#server_status').load('classes/IsServerOnline.php').fadeIn("slow");

What I made out of it:
PHP Code:
loadData(elementfiletimeOut) {
    $(
element).load(file).fadeIn("slow");

setTimeout(loadData(elementfiletimeOut), timeOut); 
}

loadData('#newsfeed_body''classes/ServerEvents.php'30000);
loadData('#online_count''classes/OnlineCount.php'30000);
loadData('#server_status''classes/IsServerOnline.php'30000); 
Old 01/03/2015, 02:26   #12

Appreciate the feedback.

This is the first time I've had to do anything php/javascript related since first year so there's bound to be plenty of tweaks to make over the coming weeks.

Will be sure to get that all fixed up when I'm finished my current workload.

Primary goal tonight is gonna be writing up a shop.dat management GUI, adding VIP features as well as getting ready for the next client patch. So much to do, so little time
Old 01/03/2015, 02:39   #13

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Appreciate the feedback.

This is the first time I've had to do anything php/javascript related since first year so there's bound to be plenty of tweaks to make over the coming weeks.

Will be sure to get that all fixed up when I'm finished my current workload.

Primary goal tonight is gonna be writing up a shop.dat management GUI, adding VIP features as well as getting ready for the next client patch. So much to do, so little time
Haha, I know the feeling, i've got school, work and stuff like this xD. Pretty hard to keep up, sometimes too much stress.

As for PHP, I suggest you to look into frameworks though. They are written in OOP and keep things clean and easy. I suggest , and .

Silverstripe may take some time to get used to tho. As for Phalcon, it is very fast but lots of hostings don't support it so you will probably have to host it yourself with it. So best option would be Symfony.

Symfony's components are re-used by lots of other frameworks like Laravel as well.
Old 01/03/2015, 02:41   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Haha, I know the feeling, i've got school, work and stuff like this xD. Pretty hard to keep up, sometimes too much stress.
I'm in the process of 3 conquer server projects for people, a job + other real life commitments....

Totally worth it but yah, need more hours in the day lol.
Old 01/03/2015, 06:37   #15

server down? wanted to play
Closed Thread