Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Advertising > CO2 PServer Archive
You last visited: Today at 14:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Russian Conquer Online (private server). Craft, professions, quests and more.

Discussion on Russian Conquer Online (private server). Craft, professions, quests and more. within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arrow Russian Conquer Online (private server). Craft, professions, quests and more.

No more such a hardcore start - all new players receive free 2-days vip account and super +4 level 15 items and 10 exp balls!
Hello guys im here to introduce our server called Black Prince. This is the only conquer online server that is available in Russian and English, and you can switch language with 1 click in game.

Wanted!

Site is still under developement, but already you can read information, register, download and join us.

Our servers differs from other by it's idea: game is based on crafting, harvesting and gathering. You have to plant seeds to get a harvest and craft items.
In addition we have a custom professions system: there are two professions, each has 8 levels, to craft something you have to level up your profession first to get a recipes.
We have our own custom event, called Monster Invasion.

About all this you can read on our website.

Now let's review some important things.

Some screenshots are attached.

Main technical information:
Main game information:
Our unique features:
PvP information:
PvE information:
Donate and Shopping Mall information:
Gameplay information
Events
VIP accounts information
Things we don't have and reasons
Things we have, but disabled them, and reasons.
In our server, we respect all nationalities. Everyone is welcome to play. We never allow racism or anything else in chat.

How to join?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/16/2014, 17:11   #2

This looks awesome, seriously. Too bad its russian, in the wrong section and without backlink. It will just be closed / deleted.
Old 02/16/2014, 17:28   #3

Yea about backlink i want to ask not to delete because elitepvpers means nothing for russians, so if any russian will click epvp it will mean nothing for him... i can do it though if this is really bad needed
Old 02/16/2014, 18:09   #4

If you turn this into an English based private server I can see enough people joining it.
Bigger playerbase, nothing against Russians.

With that said, features look very interesting. Best of luck to you
Old 02/16/2014, 19:16   #5

Starting from tomorrow we will be making this in english as well as in russian. So there will be two types of NPC dialogs then.
Backlink is coming shortly, please do not delete this thread.
thanks for advice guys

Backlink is ready:
Old 02/16/2014, 22:57   #6

Why not get their geopgraphical locations from their IP addresses?
If their IP is located within Russia, have the NPC use Russian, otherwise use English.
Same goes for system and GM messages.

It shouldn't be terribly difficult.
Would require a bit of re-working on the server side.

If it was me, I would add a boolean to the player, and at login initialize it to true if they are to get Russian dialog, or false if its English.
Then just use that boolean for each dialog the player is to receive.
Even create a NPC so they can freely choose between the two if they want to also.

Just a suggestion.

Server looks good though.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/16/2014, 23:37   #7

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
If their IP is located within Russia, have the NPC use Russian, otherwise use English.

It shouldn't be terribly difficult.
Would require a bit of re-working on the server side.

If it was me, I would add a boolean to the player, and at login initialize it to true if they are to get Russian dialog, or false if its English.
Then just use that boolean for each dialog the player is to receive.
Even create a NPC so they can freely choose between the two if they want to also.

Just a suggestion.

Server looks good though.
The client would still need to be updated to English, I'm not sure if they translated to Russian theirselves or if TQ had a Russian client.
Old 02/16/2014, 23:48   #8

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Actually, the client has something just for languages. In packet 1052 when connecting to the game server, the client sends a two character code for the client's default language. You can edit that by editing the string resource file. I would give you more details, but I'm on my phone.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/17/2014, 00:48   #9

Quote:
Yea, that's what we are doing. Not the geo thing though, coz some players play from work and use different kind of proxy to play the game. It will be a message box(when you login for the first time or smth) asking if you want english dialogs or not.
Quote:
The client would still need to be updated to English, I'm not sure if they translated to Russian theirselves or if TQ had a Russian client.
Yes, they had russian client like 2 or 3-4 years ago, unfortunately nobody of us could find it in the internet(in time) and... it was a bad translation anyway, we've found it, when work was already done. It was like ... if you use google translate or smth. So we decided to make it 'unique'. It was painful to work with dds files, so the result is not brilliant, but still looks good (you can see black spots around top menu buttons).

Some things weren't translated, like player halos or nobility pictures above the players, we just could not find how to do it lol We also could not find a way to make russian nicknames - client did not allow it and was giving a message about invalid characters in name.

Making client back to english will take like 5 seconds.
Dialogs were created to show new players how to play and so on... so i think we will translate just the important parts. Everyone knows how to jump or how to enlarge game window and use hotkeys, as we focused on players who runs this for the first time.

Making all this should not take longer than 2 days.
I will keep this thread updated.

Translation 80% done, i will update first post and write here how to start.
Tomorrow i think it will be ready.
I dont think we will be translating monster names though, everyone knows where to find tomb bats or pheasants, and what they look like so... and items will be like that: RussianItemName(EnglishItemName), like Moskva(Moscow)
So will be convenient for everyone. Same for item description and items from shopping mall.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/17/2014, 21:44   #10

all for rus i didn't love it cant do any thing with them cuz not understand him
Old 02/18/2014, 15:05   #11

Lookin' Good.

I agree with the above posts saying that you should consider translating most features into English. You will get more people joining your server as it sounds pretty good.

Good luck!
Old 02/18/2014, 17:18   #12

I have updated the first post. Everything has been translated.
You are welcome to try out our server. Hope you'll like it. We need some people to test our server, coz i believe there are still some unknown bugs which we have to fix asap...

Regards.

**** my pictures did not appear in registration spoiler

Moderator, please allow screenshots in my last spoiler... thanks
Old 02/21/2014, 09:54   #13

Hello friends, i got information that it's hard to register on our website, so i've made this simple video-lesson.

There will be a new website with simple registration very soon, in like a week or earlier.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Old 02/21/2014, 10:08   #14

Russian!!! (Armenian here XD)

i support this project
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/22/2014, 16:09   #15

Nice, this is the amazing stuff I want to see on advertisement.
Though it would be sad if this was taken from my project, I doubt that is the case though.

So we both share the love to the creative idea of having the world revolve around craft/ingredient -> Marketing.

And yeah, you should probably get a person to translate it all. You can make a server-based function to load all dialogues in russian or english.
Closed Thread