Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[READ BEFORE POSTING]Advertising Guidelines

Discussion on [READ BEFORE POSTING]Advertising Guidelines within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[READ BEFORE POSTING]Advertising Guidelines

As i found tons of terrible advertising topics, i decided to make this thread as a guide line for everyone who wants to advertise his server with [Good] results.

This guide will contain the following Main Sections
  • Topic Name.
  • Topic Content.
  • Conclusion.

I. Topic Name
Like book titles, Topic names are the secret for good reader's impression.
In the following lines i will explain how to select the most eye catching name for your topic using Recommended\Avoid.
  • [Recommended] : Personally i like simple titles like "Server-Name + Version".
  • [Avoid] : Using extreme words like Best,Ever,Amazing,etc... because it gives the reader a negative impression about your thread before even reading it's content.

-Examples
  • [GOOD IDEA] : "Server X Version 5517.".
  • [BAD IDEA] : "Server X The Best Server In The World !!!".
Simply claiming that your server is the best server in the world just reduces the amount of people who would love to test it. Whether the server is best, it is the members choice !.

II. Topic Content
As we finished selecting our topic name, let's proceed to it's content.
Our topic content is not less important than the topic name as it is where we show other members what we have and why should they try our work.

In the following lines we will be covering this points
  • Topic Introduction.
  • Topic Body.
  • Topic Conclusion.

#1-Topic Introduction

This is where we gonna give an entry to our main content, so it must reflect on it.
  • [Recommended] : Using a nice logo of our server + some small introduction about the team and the server.
  • [Avoid] : Using some phrases like hi,hello,my name is,i am 18 yo!,i am a programmer.
-Examples
  • [GOOD IDEA] : Using Logo EX. + Little introduction.
  • [BAD IDEA] : Using some unrelated phrases "Hello guys today i am 18 years old so i am gonna release my new server with the best features..." .

#2-Topic Body
Here we will start to mention our unique features, so be careful! mentioning some common features or things that any server must contain may give the reader a negative impression about the whole thing.
  • [Recommended] : Using spoilers to hide large content like Images.
  • [Avoid] : Using a lot of links\images that the reader won't bother opening all of them, stupid senseless unbalanced donation.
-Examples
  • [GOOD IDEA] : Mentioning only the stunning features of our server [Without Lies].
  • [BAD IDEA] : Claiming things we don't have, mentioning some stupid features like "MAX PING 100", "MAX LEVEL 140"...

#3-Topic Conclusion
Ending our topic with a small brief is an amazing idea, simply because some readers prefer not to read the whole thing but the conclusion. So we could mention a fast shots of what we mainly explained inside our topic body, our website Links [Don't Forgot Link Back to EPVP!], and our contact information.
  • [Recommended] : Very small conclusion '1~4' lines.
  • [Avoid] : Long conclusions, redundancy.
-Examples

III. Conclusion
Finally i don't want you to copy and past my words, think about them and also think outside the box, create a long picture on photo shop will be great idea, adding your touch will be really good
and trust me, if i found an advertising just posted the link of the website and that's it, if you ask me ? ill enter, ill be so curious what this server contain, don't be afraid to use your mind, you need to make smart advertising if you really want people to join.

Mainly written by go for it, Edited by Danial Eugen

Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/20/2012, 08:21   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,957
Well, I find this pretty useful, I took the liberty of renaming it, hope you don't mind.

#Stuck

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/21/2012, 12:11   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,507
You dont really cover images, but if you have to scroll past 50 pictures of a server to find out the link etc. No one will read it, or take you seriously.

Adverts need to be concise and to the point, not plastered with images.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/21/2012, 17:58   #4

i thought i mentioned that at
Quote:
don't post way so many links which actually no one will open them , posting less than 5 will be great , showing off what you got
but ill make it more clear , thanks korvacs

Old 09/21/2012, 20:32   #5

I hope go for it accepts my edited version of his thread above in the spoiler, and i hope also that John\Lat take a look at it and approve it.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/21/2012, 22:09   #6

yup sure , go for it , i dun mind as long as it's better to epvp community
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/21/2012, 22:59   #7

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,957
#Updated
Old 09/21/2012, 23:41   #8

pretty awesome advices i wish every1 read this thread b4 they advertise their server