Interesting tutorials. In my opinion there's no need to tell more about dowhile-loop since It's basically (like you stated) just the same as while-loop except for the fact that it always runs at least once.
[Last part]
It's also questionable whether to teach pointers for beginners (or as you call, idiots). There's really no point since they've picked C# where you're not really supposed to work with pointers. IMO the memory part should've been at the beginning with introduction to variables (how much they take space, their types etc.). PInvoke is always good, if you wish to extend the standard .net library.
Interesting tutorials. In my opinion there's no need to tell more about dowhile-loop since It's basically (like you stated) just the same as while-loop except for the fact that it always runs at least once.
[Last part]
It's also questionable whether to teach pointers for beginners (or as you call, idiots). There's really no point since they've picked C# where you're not really supposed to work with pointers. IMO the memory part should've been at the beginning with introduction to variables (how much they take space, their types etc.). PInvoke is always good, if you wish to extend the standard .net library.
Good tutorial(s) nevertheless.
The way I looked at it was by the time I get down to that point, they should have a fairly fluently understanding of the general language itself. Hence forth, this is why I call it the "dark-side" of C#. As it can be avoided, but that isn't to be said that it should. More or less I'm trying to build a foundation from bottom-up to the "pro" level.
Threading will be covered in Unit 3 (Frequently used classes). It will rely heavily upon material from Unit 2 (delegates, anonymous methods, procedures). I think I'll have to break threading up into two sections, which will just be -- how it works, and the dangers of it (i.e. deadlocking). Once I run out of material to talk about (i.e. after Unit 5) I'll likely start talking about stuff like the AppDomain, BigInteger (.NET 4.0), and so on -- In other words likely something titled "Uncommon Classes".
But what if you get bored before you even get there? With the videos you just stopped.
Like I said with the before. With the videos it was more like; I had to do everything at once. Each lesson had to be recorded in one go -- and if I ****** up, I might have to even re-record. This was a real negative aspect to using videos.
By using Word documents, I can work on half a unit now; and then the other half a couple hours later and nobody would be able to tell. Winter break is coming up for me which means even more spare time too.
Edit: Added Lesson Two - Classes and the Static-modifier
- lol, I realized I forgot to explain arrays in Unit One, so I'll have to get that done tomorrow.
hmmmz you have anything about kissing php with C# :P "Soap clients" ?
I don't (nor do I particularly intend at this time to at this time). Sorry.
Added Lesson Nine - Arrays (Unit One). Also, just realized I'll have to explain multi-dimensional arrays as well, so that's a lesson ten for unit one, haha.
I planned on including jagged arrays when I talked about multi-dimensional arrays, because hey; not all programming languages have multi-dimensional arrays! So it's worth while knowledge. Will have a guide up by the end of tonight on 'em!
Programming For Idiots (Tutorial) - In C# 05/25/2013 - CO2 Programming - 188 Replies This tutorial has been superseded by: http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/co2-programming/88 5939-programming-idiots-c-take-2-a.html
Well for the next week (or so) due to being bored, I've started a video-tutorial called C# Programming for Idiots and yeah, by the end of it I'll demonstrate how to make a conquer server (patch 5016 and before) without the need of mysql, or anything like that; all you need is the Visual C# compiler, and WinRAR (To extract the videos).
Visual C# Compiler:...
Programming for Idiots (Tutorial) C++ 06/11/2012 - CO2 Programming - 20 Replies Yeah, so in my relation to my C# one (http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/co2-guides-templa tes/148675-programming-idiots-tutorial-c.html), which wasn't the best I felt I'll *try* make for it with this one. I've also got some spare time in between school, from when exams start, and a new Warlords server comes out... so yeah.
Right, so before I post any links to the videos I'd like to point out, so I don't get bitched at by people saying, "this isn't real C++", most of the things I do will be...