Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Sirhooks source

Discussion on Sirhooks source within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Sirhooks source

What exactly is it that needs updating for the sirhooks source and how do I go about doing it? I am currently reading and understanding (slowly) C# but I am not entirely sure if that is what I need to be doing? Well I do need to learn and understand it but what I mean is to update sirhooks source do I need something else and what?

Ok the assumption would be I need either CE or OllyDBG, I have both but don`t 100% understand them although I have read a few things on a few sites about them so I understand bits of them. But still I am clueless as to what needs updating in the sirhooks source?
Old 10/17/2010, 21:09   #2

I haven't made a memory based bot but I'm assuming you would use OllyDBG to find the new memory address's of methods for attacking and other stuff.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/18/2010, 06:59   #3

Yup I came to that same conclusion lol. What I don`t understand is what I am looking for or what I need to change? I mean do I use what`s in the source to put into the exe or do I place something from the exe into the source?!?!

I really am trying to understand it and have even had a check of tuts online based around Olly but I am considerably lost even with the tuts on Olly. There is a nice tut on some page about this kind of thing "finding addresses etc" but I am still a little lost with it all.
Old 10/18/2010, 08:59   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Bare with my VERY limited understanding of memory based bots but I'm fairly sure all you need to do is be able to read/write from the running process (conquer) using your own program. Once you have this established you have two options.

#1: Hook various functions to control them (EG: hook the attack function and then execute it from your program using various variables such as target ID, etc) and the client will take care of the rest (encryption and sending)

#2: Hook the send/receive function so that you can read/write/modify packets the client is sending and receiving. In this case you still use packets but you let the client handle all your encryption/decryption for you. This way you also only need to find/properly hook the two functions! You simply write your packet to the pre-encrypted send function, the client will encrypt it and send to the server and then you read from the post-decrypted receive function and you can either modify/remove it (eg: if you don't want the client to receive the specific packet) and you can pull the information you need out of it to add to your program (eg: spawn entity packet so you know where entities are in the server and can control attacking/movement)
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/18/2010, 13:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Bare with my VERY limited understanding of memory based bots but I'm fairly sure all you need to do is be able to read/write from the running process (conquer) using your own program. Once you have this established you have two options.

#1: Hook various functions to control them (EG: hook the attack function and then execute it from your program using various variables such as target ID, etc) and the client will take care of the rest (encryption and sending)

#2: Hook the send/receive function so that you can read/write/modify packets the client is sending and receiving. In this case you still use packets but you let the client handle all your encryption/decryption for you. This way you also only need to find/properly hook the two functions! You simply write your packet to the pre-encrypted send function, the client will encrypt it and send to the server and then you read from the post-decrypted receive function and you can either modify/remove it (eg: if you don't want the client to receive the specific packet) and you can pull the information you need out of it to add to your program (eg: spawn entity packet so you know where entities are in the server and can control attacking/movement)
i have a question for you sir, not just 1 lol

i need Assembly right to know the memory address alright ???

then i just need to use the read process memory , write process memory alright ???

but didn't the memory address change every new open client or every new patch ????

what about this

i know if it's in a patch i can just fix it

but what about every new client ?????

thanks.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/19/2010, 16:36   #6

use pointers..

anyway about the sirhooks code, its released (a very old version) for people who want to learn to make similar bots and to understand read/write memory functions.

I think i can speak for the makers that it's not there intention to let people make there own version of sirhooks but just to give study material
Old 10/20/2010, 01:54   #7

It`s for personal use I would rather know how to update the sirhooks myself rather than having to worry about others updating it.

I read on another site that CE does exactly the same thing as Olly but is easier to use and search addresses which is what I assume is all I need to do to get the sirhooks up and running again, if not mistaken it was released and needed the monster updating which is the area I am still in lol.
Old 01/28/2011, 00:19   #8

can somebody post a link of the source code anywhere? I know this is an old topic but sitll..thanks.