Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement
Bitcoin Dice Game

Instances

Discussion on Instances within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Instances

I was wondering how I would go about in making an instanced area. Such as player housing, 1 vs 1 arenas, team fights, etc...

I'm currently using the Redux 5065 source as a learning course.

I tried to use the following, but for some reason it's not saving into the Database(Yes, I already added the table):

I'm able to create the house and upgrade it, but if I log off, it will not save, even if I force save it. Also, if I put it on the database, it still shows up as no house exists.

Another issue is that other players can go inside the map(house) that you are in if they also make/upgrade their house. This is what I currently made from an example I was given:

Old 06/30/2020, 21:39   #2

If your database isn't saving that means something is wrong with your database/nhibernate/code.

Did this few months ago so don't remember every detail but bare with me.

First things first. You need to make a HouseAdmin NPC. Iirc, first tier house mapid is 1098. This npc should create a "new map" with ID of 1098 and UID of whatever is free and SpawnID of 1002. You can name maps like House1, House2 etc. or "{Player}House"

Also you need a new column in database for character, something like "HouseMapId" with the value of integer and default value of 0. This row will hold UID of the map that's specially created for this character (will be set to the UID of created map and you will check if player has a home like _client.HouseMapUID > 0). So when you want to visit the home, you can call it like _client.ChangeMap(_client.HouseMapUID).

Upgraded house map ID is 1099. To upgrade, you need to call _client.HouseMapUID, get map and change ID column of the entry.

If you still need help, I can also post few snippets to get you started.

Old 07/04/2020, 18:27   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latyos View Post
If you still need help, I can also post few snippets to get you started.
Sorry but nothing that you told me helped one bit. You told me to do exactly what I had already done and I posted that I already did. Take a look at the spoilers and read a little bit of the post.

Also, I did some research. It has to do with dynamic maps, which I believe the source does not currently support, so I will have to learn how to add it in.

If someone could help me with dynamic maps on the 5065 Redux source itd be great. If not, this thread should die.

« Seeking Programer Conquer Classic for real money | Multiclient 29-6-2020 »