Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 00:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to Remove Trees from the Phoenix Castle Map

Discussion on How to Remove Trees from the Phoenix Castle Map within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to Remove Trees from the Phoenix Castle Map

Im trying to find a way to remove the Trees from the map... i know its separated from the map itself because if you lagg they dissapear.
so im just trying to remove them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09/09/2019, 02:17   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BboyShark View Post
Im trying to find a way to remove the Trees from the map... i know its separated from the map itself because if you lagg they dissapear.
so im just trying to remove them.

Thanks in advance.
Can you make a video of it? I've never heard of anyone having a hard time loading trees before.
What's your hard drive latency like when you're running the game (see the task manager)?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/09/2019, 02:25   #3

Ohh no, the trees load fine. im just trying to remove them from the map.
Old 09/09/2019, 02:38   #4

Quote:
Ohh no, the trees load fine. im just trying to remove them from the map.
As far as I'm aware, there are no tools for adding and removing scene objects yet. I was working on one, but I'm currently focusing on other projects. The research I did for that project is available though. You'd have to write a program for modifying the dmap file, or edit the file manually using a hex editor.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/09/2019, 07:15   #5

Seems like the tree is added by the server. If you're operating the sever yourself you can remove them.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/09/2019, 08:17   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ocularis View Post
Seems like the tree is added by the server. If you're operating the sever yourself you can remove them.
@OP, Ocularis has a point. They could be added through the server via terrain NPCs. I didn't think about that. Could you post a picture of one of the trees you're trying to remove?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/09/2019, 13:58   #7

IM Basicly trying Remove ---> ALL<--- the trees in the Phoenix Castle Map. Nothing else.

Impretty sure there is a file with those renders.. and im looking for it so i can remove it , then see if it removes the trees...
Old 09/09/2019, 21:06   #8

Quote:
IM Basicly trying Remove ---> ALL<--- the trees in the Phoenix Castle Map. Nothing else.

Impretty sure there is a file with those renders.. and im looking for it so i can remove it , then see if it removes the trees...
I just finished a project, so let me see if I can finish my editor this week or weekend. In the meantime, you can use a hex editor to remove the trees. The dmap file should include the filenames like my wiki mentions. I'm not sure if removing the assets will do anything or not. The tiles may still show as inaccessible, I'm not sure.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/11/2019, 14:40   #9

elite*gold: 80
Unfortunately removing the assets does not accomplish the goal. The access to the line is 'hard coded', for lack of a better term, meaning with or without the object being draw you still won't have access.

Here a little playground I've got going to help you visualize what I'm talking about. Its built using MonoGame framework.

And it's 4:40 am...woo

Edit:
I got bored this evening so reworked my project a bit. Should have enough functionality to remove the trees and patch the access issues afterwords.

If you care to get my project running you can pull up a cruddy winform by pressing "O". This will show you a list of all the terrain objects on the map. If you select a row it will tint the corresponding object red. You can edit all of the properties from the datagrid and it'll update real time in the main window.

You may notice there are no objects drawn when you first open it...don't ask why I still have the default of false but simply press "t" and, viola, map objects will be drawn.

Wanna see accessibility? Press "g". Change the accessibility? While grid is shown left or right click.

It is pretty messy and horribly written, but as far as I know its the best publicly available/open source map editor.

Again, I'm up at ~4am so obviously not a professional/good programmer so I'm not entirely sure what it'll take for anyone to run this. It's using monogame, thats all I got for ya.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/25/2020, 18:42   #10

No way of edit the scenes
Old 03/26/2020, 23:48   #11

This is an old guide from Spirited, I remember seeing it here a long time back, been a while since I've been on EPVP lol so I had to search who it was from. This may help in looking for the object needed I guess, but it wont help remove it. Not sure where you would have to go to remove MapObjects, but this may help you "look" around for it. Not sure how reliable Korvac's links may be now-days but that's 1 use for it.