Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Viper Fang, Dragon Tail in 2.0

Discussion on Viper Fang, Dragon Tail in 2.0 within the CO2 Programming forum part of the CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Viper Fang, Dragon Tail in 2.0

Hi all, i play an amazing private server, I asked the admin if hes able to add Viper Fang and Dragon Tail to the server, it is 2.0 but runs as 1.0 game play and i notice these are 3.0 things. Is there a way to add them into 2.0 or maybe a way to create something similar for the wand and spear ? bearings in mind i have no idea about coding and as far as i know he uses his own core what ever that means, so not the official core hope that makes seance fingers crossed someone can help with this as it would be an amazing attribute to the already amazing server

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2019, 02:37   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,492
Files and assets between versions of Conquer Online don't really change. The versions 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 are just labels. They mean nothing, especially with the way people tend to use "1.0" to describe a feel rather than a version. If you want the assets from one patch, just copy them out of that patch and paste them into yours. It really is just finding what files they changed for that patch, and doing the same changes to your version of the client.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2019, 07:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Files and assets between versions of Conquer Online don't really change. The versions 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 are just labels. They mean nothing, especially with the way people tend to use "1.0" to describe a feel rather than a version. If you want the assets from one patch, just copy them out of that patch and paste them into yours. It really is just finding what files they changed for that patch, and doing the same changes to your version of the client.
This.

The only changes are mostly the data files associated with them, not the actual graphics.

And even then the changes are minimal.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2019, 14:19   #4

The main thing is no one said it cant be done... I shall mention it to him, he did say something about having to find some skills that are not used, by that I think he means replacing some unused ones with this ones well fingers crossed he manages it would be buzzing not having to change weapons to do a distance skill :P on my water.

Old 04/14/2019, 18:14   #5

I believe he's talking about me and my server primal , I've already added those skills but I'm not sure if I should push them to live. I don't feel that waters should have the ability to cast linear skills, in my opinion that would cause an imbalance because of how strong waters utility is already in the game. I've also seen some waters running around with 130 blades only and those feel pretty OP already. But we'll see how it goes.

PS: thank you for saying primal is awesome cause I agree!

« Changing monster color | - »