Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Blowfish C++

Discussion on Blowfish C++ within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Blowfish C++

I want to make a proxy in C++ so that it could run on linux (thats possible, right?) and don't know much about this blowfish and dhkey encryption. Are they neccessary, if so which one is more? I know one is for the authentication and one is for standard encryption/decryption, but I have also read (from p4n I think) that one of them isn't neccessary. Has anyone got any experience working with these in C++ (proxy related would be great) and what libraries did you use?
Old 09/16/2014, 17:50   #2

Why would you want to make a proxy that runs on Linux when Conquer doesn't run on Linux?
That seems pointless ...
Old 09/16/2014, 18:27   #3

If OP can make a fully working clientless bot in C++, he can run under Linux. Although, I doubt it's an easy one.

Also, one can set a linux box as a router between the computer running Windows with CO2 client and TQ servers. Using NETLINK sockets under Linux, you can intercept, modify and resend the packets exchanged between CO2 running on Windows box and TQ servers. Even if this is also possible, is even more complicated then the first option.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/16/2014, 18:48   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
If OP can make a fully working clientless bot in C++, he can run under Linux. Although, I doubt it's an easy one.
But then it's not really a proxy anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Also, one can set a linux box as a router between the computer running Windows with CO2 client and TQ servers. Using NETLINK sockets under Linux, you can intercept, modify and resend the packets exchanged between CO2 running on Windows box and TQ servers. Even if this is also possible, is even more complicated then the first option.
Yeah, that's probably right, but somehow I just don't think that's what he had in mind.
Old 09/16/2014, 18:59   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
Yeah, that's probably right, but somehow I just don't think that's what he had in mind.
That's exactly what I had in mind.

So, it is possible. Any suggestions what libraries should I use?
Old 09/16/2014, 19:02   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0zius View Post
That's exactly what I had in mind.

So, it is possible. Any suggestions what libraries should I use?
I see. Is there anything wrong with OpenSSL? I think that's what everyone here on epvp uses for private servers, and I'm pretty sure it works on Linux.
Old 09/16/2014, 19:10   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
I see. Is there anything wrong with OpenSSL? I think that's what everyone here on epvp uses for private servers, and I'm pretty sure it works on Linux.
I know... I'm just asking if anybody has any experience with it in C++ or has done any work with it. Everyone here seems to be doing stuff in C#.
Old 09/16/2014, 19:26   #8

Received Thanks: 1,147
COPS v7 is a C++ source targetting CO2 v5065. Blowfish and DH are implemented. It's not a proxy, but the algorithms are the same.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/16/2014, 19:35   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0zius View Post
I know... I'm just asking if anybody has any experience with it in C++ or has done any work with it. Everyone here seems to be doing stuff in C#.
Using it in C++ isn't really any different from using it in C#. You just have to tell the linker to link to whatever version of OpenSSL you're using and that's pretty much it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
COPS v7 is a C++ source targetting CO2 v5065. Blowfish and DH are implemented. It's not a proxy, but the algorithms are the same.
^ Or use that, heh.
Old 09/18/2014, 13:14   #10

Have you ever tried Google?