Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 01:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

composite probability (with solution)

Discussion on composite probability (with solution) within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
composite probability (with solution)

a year ago i've done wrong composite probability equation which i couldn't fix and i've had another look today and got it solved , it's was fun solving it which to why i shared it

3 red marbles and 4 blue marbles. You put them all in a bag and without looking you pull out three marbles. What is the probability that all three marbles are red?

take your time thinking and then open the spoiler

Old 06/02/2013, 17:12   #2

Received Thanks: 1,147
You have one chance on the number of permutations of the objects. But, objects are similar, you must not count few permutations several times.

Following the theorem, it's :
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2013, 20:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
You have one chance on the number of permutations of the objects. But, objects are similar, you must not count few permutations several times.

Following the theorem, it's :
you mean 3! 4! / (3+4)! ?
Old 06/02/2013, 20:11   #4

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
you mean 3! 4! / (3+4)! ?
No, I missed the inverse when writing The answer is : 1 / ((3 + 4)! / (3! 4!)) = 1 / 35

(3 + 4)! / (3! 4!) will gives you the number of possible permutation where few objects are identical. So, AAABBBB is 1 possibility and not 3 (like A1A2A3BBBB could be). It's the way I would do it.
Thanks
1 User