Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 00:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question]Saving Coordinates.

Discussion on [Question]Saving Coordinates. within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question]Saving Coordinates.

My memory based archer bot is close to done,
it can jump to a certain coordinate and scatter which are the most important things right now.
Anyway, I'm trying to see what would be the best way to save specific coordinates to a file and then ofcourse read them.
(See it as setting a path to follow)
It also has to allow other users to manipulate them to their likings, wich can be shared etc.. etc..

Now for my question, how should i approach this? Or better yet what would be my best bet and easy for the complete noob to altar/use.
I thought of just keeping it simple a button and when activated it records the in-game coordinates in a variable and writes it to like an ini file.
But I'm not sure if that would be best in this situation, so hopefully some of you can give me some ideas.

Thanks.
Old 01/18/2009, 04:29   #2

I would come up with some system of how to log jumps read jumps and perform jumps like..

If you want to record a route do something like...
GetCoord then WriteCoordToFile("path")
then after you hit start do the same thing basically.
GetCoord, ReadCoordFromFile("path") then RunCoord, RunCoord

Kinda an idea, obviously you'd have to fill in the functions but that's how it'd set something up like that.
Old 01/18/2009, 19:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian* View Post
I would come up with some system of how to log jumps read jumps and perform jumps like..

If you want to record a route do something like...
GetCoord then WriteCoordToFile("path")
then after you hit start do the same thing basically.
GetCoord, ReadCoordFromFile("path") then RunCoord, RunCoord

Kinda an idea, obviously you'd have to fill in the functions but that's how it'd set something up like that.
Thanks for your responce Ian,
The idea is alright, had something similar in mind.
Yet i got side tracked lol so this implementation has to wait a little.
First i will finish a skill leveler that will work minimized.
Anyway I'll let you know when i made some progress with the pathsetting.
Again thanks for your responce