Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New DH Exchange

Discussion on New DH Exchange within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New DH Exchange

Upon working on my old proxy, there is not much of changes in encryption except that the DH key exchange manipulation of changing the public key from proxy will not work anymore. It seems that the client has a defined and fixed public key already which can't be altered by the packets during initial handshake.

Code:
                System.Buffer.BlockCopy(Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(Me.GameCrypthSP.PublicKey), 0, _
                                        buffer, KeyOffset, Me.GameCrypthSP.PublicKey.Length)
                Me.GameCrypthCP.Encrypt(buffer)
                sharedkey = Me.GameCrypthCP.ComputeKey(Me.ClientPublicKey)
This packet will cause the client to disconnect once I will change the public key on that packet to the public key generated from Game-Proxy DH exchange.

I think the client and game server has a fixed public key which will then compared to the public key that it receive from first packet from game server. Do I need to check the public key from the memory of conquer client and how?
Old 06/14/2012, 19:37   #2

elite*gold: 28
All the new KeyExchange is, is how the key is computed, it's just an MD5 hash o.o
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/15/2012, 01:24   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
All the new KeyExchange is, is how the key is computed, it's just an MD5 hash o.o
Yep. =| TQ uses MD5 for all of their hashes.
I was wondering when someone would finally state that.
Old 06/16/2012, 07:22   #4

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Ohh thanks.