Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 19:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's talk CO Destruction/Exploition.

Discussion on Let's talk CO Destruction/Exploition. within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Let's talk CO Destruction/Exploition.

Ok, so awhile ago i wrote a proxy server for another game that did not have encrypted packets. Now in this game i managed to exploit it in so many ways, find so many dupes etc by sending/modifying packets to the server and do things that the unedited client could not do.

I recently dug it up and got it working with Conquer, could not do much because the packets were encrypted and changed all the time, sending an old packet would result in disconnection.

This program is just a proxy server with a GUI (for user IO operations) and all the features i need. Now let's get to the point. I hear there is not that many people around here with the packet encryption/decryption routine.

Would someone who does know the current one like to share with my self, i would not mind being part of a small exploiting/destruction community, or forming one. These days the only people i see creating proxies are to use them for some sort of bots.

I'm not here to make bot's, id rather try and find every possible bug, accessing things that a naked client could not do. I am great with targetting bugs in a game, and where possible common programming mistakes can occur (and this being Conquer programmers, I'm almost certain i could find some sort of dupe/bug that would be very benefit-able.)

Or if anyone is currently using some sort of proxy/packet bot to do what i am doing, i ask of you to invite me in and ill share whatever we find.
Old 11/16/2008, 16:52   #2

It's Very doubtfull that anyone will share the encryption/decryption to you... I mean it took CID along time to decrypt all the packets
Old 11/16/2008, 17:06   #3

elite*gold: 20
Lol, it didn't take them a year at all. They were given the method by me (who doesn't play the game, but I looked into it at the request of others), but they didn't have the time to implement it due to school/college etc at the time. Btw, the latest encryption only came into place in Feb/March 08, and CID has been out for a while now, so someone fails at counting.

Anyway, I don't hand it out to anyone, particularly if I've not seen a history of meritable posts from them. If you're interested in help trying to do things yourself, I don't mind pushing people in the right direction.

Anyway, there really isn't much you'll find even if you have a fully working packet editor. While you might find the odd bug, you're a few years too late with most, because we reversed the entire protocol some 3 years back, have had numerous exploits which are mostly patched now. The only good reason to have the protocol encryption is for standalone-bots and servers.

There's chance some of the newer content, and maybe upcoming content could be exploitable, but it's more likely the people with experience on the protocol (CID etc) will exploit and have them patched (CID is good at getting things patched because he can't keep them underground ).
Old 11/16/2008, 17:55   #4

Mind steering me in the right direction with encryption, I'd like to at least attempt to do some exploits, i'm not apart of this "underground", but i would not mind being apart of it, and doing my fair share to help find exploits, Can't do much at the moment and theres no way i'm skilled enough to sort out the decryption my self. I don't plan to leak it or my program, but i'd love to help in finding some of the newer bugs, or at least be sure that the old stuff has been completely cleared.