Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:35

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!


one step further ?

Closed Thread
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Received Thanks: 30
one step further ?

here , i've done
reading 2 books about c#
almost 300 short video
programmed antivirus (for 2 viruses)
programmed chatting clients and host
programmed task manger
programmed psychometric chart calculators
programmed more of this stuff to learn from it

here is the thing
at c# mastering scale im at like 10% , well should i get more familiar with all the libraries also study more advanced methods , some about socketing and networking also how to use the memory addresses

or should i turn to study asm and get more into it ? (actually my scale at asm is 1%)

as for now i won't really use any of them in any thing important but i got plenty of time on my hand and i enjoy studying this stuff ^^

which u guys think it's better and which will be a good start for the other ?

if possible provide me with the way u started and name of books or tut. u studied

thanks for understanding
P.S 10% of the scale would be accurate or even much as it should takes years and years to master a language like c#
P.S if u gonna comment with a harsh words please just post "." and ill thank u for not ruining the entire thing



DyjgK64J451Jhv0 is offline  
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,012
Received Thanks: 2,875
Become comfortable with one language before trying to branch out. There's no need to spread thin from the get-go. Develop a strong infrastructure.


InfamousNoone is offline  
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,892
Received Thanks: 913
Learn C++ first, then come back to C#. It's like learning on a stick shift, then driving an automatic.

Although I bet you won't, because I've suggested this to like 10 people - no one has done it because there are very little resources out there in the community in C++, they can't immediately apply it to Conquer, and they don't want to spend the time to learn a language properly anyway.
Lateralus is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,394
Received Thanks: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Learn C++ first, then come back to C#. It's like learning on a stick shift, then driving an automatic.

Although I bet you won't, because I've suggested this to like 10 people - no one has done it because there are very little resources out there in the community in C++, they can't immediately apply it to Conquer, and they don't want to spend the time to learn a language properly anyway.
I wouldn't learn C++ first. I understand why schools tend to teach you Java during the first years. By using C++ as your first language, you'll probably be stucked by advanced concepts while trying to learn basic concepts. Plus, the standard libraries are really limited in term of features... They're basic. By learning a managed language like C# or Java, you'll learn the C syntax, the base, but you'll not touch pointers, memory management, stack/heap before being ready to learn them.

Java is a school language. Java is made for beginner due to high safety. C# is more an intermediate language where advanced people can use unsafe things and beginner will be protected by the C# safety too.


CptSky is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,892
Received Thanks: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
I wouldn't learn C++ first. I understand why schools tend to teach you Java during the first years. By using C++ as your first language, you'll probably be stucked by advanced concepts while trying to learn basic concepts. Plus, the standard libraries are really limited in term of features... They're basic. By learning a managed language like C# or Java, you'll learn the C syntax, the base, but you'll not touch pointers, memory management, stack/heap before being ready to learn them.

Java is a school language. Java is made for beginner due to high safety. C# is more an intermediate language where advanced people can use unsafe things and beginner will be protected by the C# safety too.
I disagree. My school taught C++ first, and Java is an (easy) elective. By getting familiar with pointers and memory management, you'll be a much better programmer in C# (and in general), since most of the people who only know C# aren't familiar with these essential concepts because they never "need" them. I don't mean using C++ for any big project, but I think learning the base of the language is completely necessary, and makes the transition to C# way easier.
Lateralus is offline  
Old   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Received Thanks: 30
@lat well luckily my first push was at c++ , which made it ten times easier to learn c# as i could understand how methods arguments works and how ref. out keys work also other stuff , but i need to make sure that it's the right decisions cuz it's not something i became good at it overnight

@hybird i think none release a language if it's useless , learning another language gives u better explanation for previous one and in general it develop your logic and the entire way you code stuff , but i got no problem with learning some more c# advanced/med stuff but i suffer lack of resources , tuts out there is so advanced or so newbie

@cpt , true story : i was doing my best to self learn c++ from internet and books , i was doing my best to understand pointers and pointers of address's and more simi-advanced concepts of using pointing/pointers , i downloaded "Bjarne Stroustrup - The C++ Programming Language(Third Edition)" which had a REAL SHOCKING chapters at the very first which was about stack,push and pop

that was the main reason i start to learn c# , but once im back to c++ now it won't make any difference , yes maybe some asm made me fully understand registers and stacks but c# didn't help at this

Quote:
you'll learn the C syntax, the base, but you'll not touch pointers, memory management, stack/heap before being ready to learn them.
Exactly , i just wish that after learning c# im ready for those
DyjgK64J451Jhv0 is offline  
Old   #7
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,012
Received Thanks: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyjgK64J451Jhv0 View Post
@lat well luckily my first push was at c++ , which made it ten times easier to learn c# as i could understand how methods arguments works and how ref. out keys work also other stuff , but i need to make sure that it's the right decisions cuz it's not something i became good at it overnight

@hybird i think none release a language if it's useless , learning another language gives u better explanation for previous one and in general it develop your logic and the entire way you code stuff , but i got no problem with learning some more c# advanced/med stuff but i suffer lack of resources , tuts out there is so advanced or so newbie

@cpt , true story : i was doing my best to self learn c++ from internet and books , i was doing my best to understand pointers and pointers of address's and more simi-advanced concepts of using pointing/pointers , i downloaded "Bjarne Stroustrup - The C++ Programming Language(Third Edition)" which had a REAL SHOCKING chapters at the very first which was about stack,push and pop

that was the main reason i start to learn c# , but once im back to c++ now it won't make any difference , yes maybe some asm made me fully understand registers and stacks but c# didn't help at this


Exactly , i just wish that after learning c# im ready for those
I hate to be "that guy" but, if you're incapable of developing the learning skills to be able to teach yourself programming isn't for you and you'll always be a second-rate programmer.
InfamousNoone is offline  
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Received Thanks: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
I hate to be "that guy" but, if you're incapable of developing the learning skills to be able to teach yourself programming isn't for you and you'll always be a second-rate programmer.
there is a big difference between some lazy *** who want information with spoon and between someone who want more knowledge EVEN IF IT WAS HARD AS ****
at some point u can't teach urself !
i said i need more information and knowledge but i never said i want it with easy way

thanks everyone , @kyn. request close
DyjgK64J451Jhv0 is offline  
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,537
Received Thanks: 782
Google is your friend.
I don't have a username is offline  
Old   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Received Thanks: 30
not always ^^ incase ur english isn't perfect like mine u will take forever thinking what tag u should search for , but ill handle this , thanks bro
DyjgK64J451Jhv0 is offline  
Old   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 457
Received Thanks: 67
there are tons of elite programmers in every corner of the world, if your english is impeding your learning, use your own language, or rather google with your own language.
shitboi is offline  
Old   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,191
Received Thanks: 847
You can always teach yourself, no matter what, It's a skill we were born with.(though if we weren't, we learned to learn?)

MSDN documents the ENTIRE C# language, from every single method to every last variable type(feel free to correct me)...
_DreadNought_ is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #13

 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,394
Received Thanks: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyjgK64J451Jhv0 View Post
not always ^^ incase ur english isn't perfect like mine u will take forever thinking what tag u should search for , but ill handle this , thanks bro
My first language is french. There is bunch of resources in french, but I decided to read mostly in english for computer science. Actually, it helped me a lot... I'm now comfortable with the language.


CptSky is offline  
Closed Thread



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
[Release/Book]Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Step.by.Step [Download Now]
Hello Epvp`s Students That`s Very AweSome Book in Visual Basic 2010 http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3351/50221980.png Now Let`s Go To...
0 Replies - CO2 Programming
Eternia 2, 64bit working trainer, no DC, step by step programs needed and links
I've come to the conclusion that you cant hack on Eternia without getting DC'ed. I have a 64bit system. I have been able to patch my game and...
0 Replies - Last Chaos Private Server



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.