Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 22:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Can someone help me?

Discussion on Can someone help me? within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile Can someone help me?

I would like to learn to code my own private server.If anyone could help ,by explaining to me some things, I would really appreciate it. I am doing programming in high school( am in the last year so I spend most of my time learning for exams) but not C +/++/#. I enjoy everything related to logic including math and I am usually a quick learner. I am devoted to programming since it is also the career I want to follow. I wanted to start with something fun like a game and conquer is one of my favourites. Also as you can see english is not my main language but I don't thing that will be a problem. I hope some of you may find time to help me. Thanks in advance.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/11/2012, 23:48   #2

If you took the time to search you'd see there is a lot other threads like this one, which may have a solution.
Old 04/14/2012, 09:06   #3

here is my 2 cents
in our college who is studying computer since (aka programming) at data structure only learn 3 types but there is more out there , im in mechatronics and already know 8
so what i mean is , u need to learn tooo much to get the whole thing done perfectly as it wasn't a job of one kid it's a company working on this game
but the easier way from my point of view is getting a bit from everything (bit from asm , bit from programming , bit from socketing) and keep learning from a custom c# source , till u create ur own source
this called try and fail learning , i programmed an autopatcher , another coder told me that the codes sucks and that he wrote another one with better codes but in the end the both actually do exactly same thing , the only difference is i didnt read a 3000 page of a book to get it done , all i did was searching at msdn , try and fail till it's done

pick up a way for urself and work on it , wish that helps
Old 04/14/2012, 17:16   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladradu2007 View Post
I would like to learn to code my own private server.If anyone could help ,by explaining to me some things, I would really appreciate it. I am doing programming in high school( am in the last year so I spend most of my time learning for exams) but not C +/++/#. I enjoy everything related to logic including math and I am usually a quick learner. I am devoted to programming since it is also the career I want to follow. I wanted to start with something fun like a game and conquer is one of my favourites. Also as you can see english is not my main language but I don't thing that will be a problem. I hope some of you may find time to help me. Thanks in advance.
Conquer makes a FANTASTIC way to learn some basic programming as you can see the effect of your coding in a visual sort of way. That being said, it can be limiting and also far too easy to simply use existing codes (because everything in conquer is basically documented already).

I'd suggest reading a basic book on programming (probably C# if you want to work with conquer) and then from there taking a basic, clean source (hybrids bugless, maybe impulse's 5165, etc) and working on small stuff first, working your way up to programming actual game content and features.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/15/2012, 21:06   #5

Thanks to everyone for the replies.I guess i will buy a C# book after i finish with my exams.
Old 04/15/2012, 21:20   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladradu2007 View Post
Thanks to everyone for the replies.I guess i will buy a C# book after i finish with my exams.
There's lots of e-books posted on here if you look around. Save yourself some money :P