Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Needed] New Patch Npcs and monsters data

Discussion on [Needed] New Patch Npcs and monsters data within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
[Needed] New Patch Npcs and monsters data

Hello PVPers ,, long time for me not to be around (i was abroad for a year or so)

anyway i am trying to get back to some fun so i decided to work on a 5330 source for now i am analyzing the new packet structure and stuff, i thought i may save some time by asking if anyone have the new Npcs and monsters data or can help making them i would appreciate it very much

thanks in advance
Old 12/10/2010, 05:08   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Npc/monster data? you mean the new packets associated with them? New packet structure, showing hp window for bosses type stuff? Or do you mean just the new mesh numbers? I have a bunch of them logged on my forum but we didn't bother after a certain point.
Old 12/10/2010, 05:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Npc/monster data? you mean the new packets associated with them? New packet structure, showing hp window for bosses type stuff? Or do you mean just the new mesh numbers? I have a bunch of them logged on my forum but we didn't bother after a certain point.
i meant the database tables for them (meshes locations ...etc)
Old 12/10/2010, 05:19   #4

Ahh I haven't bothered recording that... Why not just use a proxy though?

I released my crappy proxy to the public recently. You could quite easily modify it to place all the npcs in a database like they are on real servers and it would just take jumping around for like 2 minutes.

It already stores it for dmap calculations but not much work to log them for use in db.
Old 12/10/2010, 05:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Ahh I haven't bothered recording that... Why not just use a proxy though?

I released my crappy proxy to the public recently. You could quite easily modify it to place all the npcs in a database like they are on real servers and it would just take jumping around for like 2 minutes.

It already stores it for dmap calculations but not much work to log them for use in db.
actually i dd made my proxy and jumping around is not a bad idea but that needs much more time to check all maps and wont help with some server data such as (Mob Max Hp ,dex,Max/Min Dmg and all alike server side data)
Old 12/10/2010, 05:51   #6

That's all in monstertype.dat

And yah... never thought of tracking mob spawns through proxy... I'll def look into that.

Just need a simple way to categorize what counts as a 'spawn'. Maybe just chunk up a map into sections and then determine how many of each type of mob exist in each 'chunk' (maybe a screen or so size) and then classify those as a spawn. If not you either have to do very large spawns which gets messy or very, very small spawns which gets cpu/ram intensive.
Old 12/10/2010, 05:52   #7

elite*gold: 0
Does the public decrypter still work for the more recent monstertype.dats?
Old 12/10/2010, 05:53   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFag View Post
Does the public decrypter still work for the more recent monstertype.dats?
They gave out the encryption key for most of the diff .dat files iirc so I'm assuming it does (I decrypted itemtype fairly recently so I know it works on at least that... changing mobtype and not itemtype encryption would be rather... dumb.