Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NPC Chat length ?

Discussion on NPC Chat length ? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation NPC Chat length ?

iam some what confused why some NPC's chats that are long show and wen i made this script i seem to only get so much of my chat text the last bit to be displayed is red is there a limit to chat lenght or size of chatbubble

thanx in advance
}
if (Control == 1)
{
GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Every week there's a LastMan Standing Tournament with 1 winner emerging to claim a Handsome prize. You'll see a broadcast 10 minite's before start come see me to sign up and i'll teleport you to the waiting area. Its a 1 v 1 match randomly selected.Loser leaves,winner goes to next stage.Match's continue untill 1 player left standing.NO healing of any kind. "));
GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Can i have more details?", 11));
GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Sounds cool...", 255));
GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSetFace(N.Avatar));
GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCFinish());
Old 10/05/2010, 09:09   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
You have to send 2 NPCSay packets, because each packet has a character limit.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/05/2010, 22:09   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
You have to send 2 NPCSay packets, because each packet has a character limit.
Old 10/06/2010, 03:59   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Note: the string length is using a byte so therefor the max chars you can use for the string packet msg is 255. If I were you in your send chat function I'd check the length of what you want to submit and split it into individual packets and send them all.

Sec... I feel like writing it up.

<edit>

Fully working afaik. Check incoming string for length. If it's short enough for one packet send as one. If not split into as many as needed.

Code:
public static void LongChat(string text, Client Client)
        {
            if (text.Length < 255)
            {
                Text(text, Client);
                return;
            }            
            string[] Words = text.Split(' ');
            string Final = "";
            foreach (string Word in Words)
            {
                if (Final.Length + Word.Length + 1 < 255)
                    Final += Word + " ";
                else
                {
                    Text(Final, Client);
                    Final = Word + " ";
                }
            }
            Text(Final, Client);
        }