Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hi, I have a question.

Discussion on Hi, I have a question. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hi, I have a question.

Alrighty, its my first time using a Hamachi based Private CO server and I have a few questions. One, how do I find my database? Two, can I use Excel or Navicat to edit it?
And as the previous guy stated, I know its in .txt files, just can't you make your database in Excel or Navicat?

I'm using the DarksideCo Client and OldCODB and Rikardo Update. Any help will be appreciated!
Old 08/04/2010, 17:41   #2

umm i done think your going to get much of a response for that question first off i think you sound like a complete jerk right off the bat "One, how the hell do I find my database?" next time try asking nicely and second the source your using cannot be edited by excel or navicat the database is all in .txt files if you couldnt figure that out on your own i would say dont even try to make a private server
Old 08/04/2010, 18:19   #3

Well sorry for sounding so rude there. It's just aggravating me, I've been at this for days. So how do I use navicat or excel as a database program?
Old 08/04/2010, 19:03   #4

you don't.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2010, 19:17   #5

So what do I do then? Wait till I get a dedicated server?
Old 08/04/2010, 19:50   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_Trojan View Post
So what do I do then? Wait till I get a dedicated server?
Said this to many many people before you. Click the search button and type in "how to set up a private server"
This will guide you through the whole process.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2010, 19:56   #7

Well, see the server is setup. I used the guides and got it working last night. My main this is getting the database setup so when I get my dedicated server (like in a week) I know what to do. See I was told by all these guides that I need Navicat, and appserv... But I use neither for this. I just don't get it...
Old 08/04/2010, 20:08   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Check your pm slayer, I answered you.

That being said I have a few warnings...

You seem to be fairly unfamiliar with programing (no shame in that, it takes time and hard work) but starting a dedicated server is NOT something someone should be doing with your level of coding. Give it a month or two to fix up bugs, add features and learn what you are doing before you try to start a public server.

Now I'm not saying you couldn't start up a small project to let some ppl on to test features and get ready for a full release but if you release a halfassed server that's simply a minor modification to an existing source and is buggy/empty, it will fail quickly.

I generally suggest a beta of about a MONTH simply to test things out and gain some attention.

I know a decent amount of coding (far from pro) and I still took over a month for the beta on hellmouth. I put the server up so people could test it out, full commands and I could add features, get player input and work on fixing up the server (I already took a few weeks re-working the source before the beta). Then once things were to a semi stable state I did the actual server release.

We still had tons and tons of bugs obviously but the point is dont rush things... take your time, plan your server, work on it and get it far along before you do a release and you will be much better off in the long run.

It's a great learning project and a ton of fun though, enjoy it ^^

Pro4Never
Thanks
5 Users
Old 08/04/2010, 23:15   #9

Thanks for the help!