Since I am currently working on , I am now working on Npc implementation.
This won't be very hard, however perhaps the dialogue system will be, therefore I ask what kind of system do you recommend me to use?
I was thinking:
- Extern files, with a simple script language. (However, this will make it very hard to make functions, so I dislike this one)
- C# files, with a simple script language. (Just one, or multiple strings with a syntax the dialogue processor will read, advantage is you can still access the entity class.)
- Lots of other options.
A script file, but not in plain text It's a good way to do this. Just need the imagination for a structure without limitation and the time to do the writer and the reader.
Edit: In my opinion IronPython/Ruby are your best bet, as they're decently fast (for inline scripting), and they work amazingly well with the .NET framework and what you've set up already.
You can pass any variable to IronPython/Ruby and access all the functions/data inside of it, and (using Func<t>/delegates) you can also pass functions. They're extremely, extremely easy to setup and use, ask me on MSN if you ened any help.
They're also really ******* easy to learn, so you could have someone else script NPCs for you.
As for LUA, I've never used it, but it's a decent language as well.
Meh, I just like coding it inside your server, no extern **** or anything.
Also, I like the way Hybrid did it in the source he released, just as a string array, super sweet.
But meh, just my opinion.
Cant Add NPC.Dialog 06/21/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 12 Replies Alright everytime im adding a npc dialog i always get the do not talk anything useful yet. Well looking at guides they tell them to put npc.txt file or w.e, add the npc code there. I have the npc and the dialog goes to that npc. So far 5 codes havnt worked ,dunno what im doing wrong,
This is a example of how the npc dialog starts off
NPC Dialog 06/14/2010 - Flyff Private Server - 3 Replies Hallo ElitePvPers,
Ich wuerde gerne wissen wie ich den Dialog von NPC's aendern kann. Z.b weiss ich das wenn ich den Dialog von Isruel aendern will, muss ich eine Datei oeffnen die "MaFl_Isruel.txt".
Ich finde dieses .txt leider nirgendwo und frage euch nun, koennt ihr mir helfen mit dem problem?
Bitee bitee bitee!! XD
NPC Dialog 12/12/2009 - CO2 Private Server - 6 Replies Can anyone tell me what its wrong with this for some reason it is not working =\
This is for 5165 FTW!
#region TOP TRO PK TOURNEY
case 2772:
{
if (Control == 0)
{
GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Hey there i hold every Class PK Tournament for Trojans, Warriors, Ninjas, Taoists And Archers, So Tell me your Class so i can...
[HELP] Where is the NPC Dialog? 09/15/2009 - CO2 Private Server - 3 Replies I'm copying and pasting codes and it says to go to NPC Dialog but I don't know where that is, can you help me find it?
Help me please i need Dialog.ini 08/18/2008 - Conquer Online 2 - 0 Replies Hi all, i have a private server CO 2 and i want the file: Dialog.ini of NPCsStuff
Because some npc. Ej: ArcherGod, he change your class, and all the npc that changes the class to you, nobody of those can speak.
Please say me some download of Dialog.ini or say me the information of they.
-edit-
I want the npc to learn skills please