Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to make a patch

Discussion on How to make a patch within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to make a patch

okay guys, i have a co pserver 5165

i made new items(necklace/ring/talismans....) lvl 135

so i edited the client

and now, how can i make patch(s) to give them to players, because they don't wanna to download an other client eatch time i make new item ):

please help me, i want to learn how to make a patch who replace files in the client

thx
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/19/2010, 22:02   #2

elite*gold: 80
Take the files you have edited and pack them up with WinRAR and upload them and give them to DL link.
Old 06/19/2010, 22:04   #3

You can use WinRAR or 7zip to compress the files.
Also you can use SFX archive option to compress them to .exe extension.
Old 06/19/2010, 22:42   #4

ya just choose which folders should contain patch then right click on one choose "add to archive.." if winrar then ok but if u want to and it would better to create self-extracting patch so when u choose "add to archive..." u should see option "create SFX archive" select it then go to "Advanced" Tab and go to "SFX options.." next will be "General" tab in here choose, i suggest u, "create in current folder" next thing that u could select is still in "SFX options.." but now "Update" tab then on the 2nd option "Overwrite mode" select "Overwrite all files" :P:P thats it
Old 06/20/2010, 08:58   #5

okay i found it

just collect all the files edited and compress them with SFX, and that's a patch hihi

thank you guys
Thanks
1 User