Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[PREVIEW]Preview for upcoming :)

Discussion on [PREVIEW]Preview for upcoming :) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 06/04/2010, 04:29   #16

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerble93 View Post
You are being a hypocrite, stop it. You are doing the same thing, using impulse's is no different than using tanel's. Just tanel's people are more active in. If I released multiple things for impulse's source, what you are saying would be more than hypocritical. So calm down.
... really don't care to bring this thread more off topic... but I just can't quite keep quiet here..

The two sources are in completely different leagues IMO. YES either way you are using a pre-made source rather than working on making your own. YES Lotf has a hell of alot more coded/is a more active community.

There is simply no comparison though. If you take even 10 minutes to look through the sources you will see that impulses is INFINITELY better. Lotf (both 5017 and 5165) is incredibly poorly coded and organized with a massive number of fatal flaws/bugs.

YES someone could take tannels 5165 and fix the entire thing up so that it would be worth using but it would quite literally require re-coding nearly every single base feature in the source as well as a massive restructuring of things so that it follows a semi-logical pattern.

Impulse's may not be 'perfect' but it and hybrids are the only sources released that I haven't seen massive base flaws in. I've been a big fan of coemu but even that has some very, VERY serious problems with it. It's taken a massive amount of work to re-code it into Elite-CoEmu and even that isn't something I'd recommend if people are looking to make a public, serious server (as much as I do like it)

</rant>

Sorry for going a bit off topic.. just saying that one isn't innately better than the other just really was a bit much.

Back on topic. Looks like you've put a fairly decent amount of work into it and I'm going to end up re-stating alot of opinions but if you truly want to point out the 'unique' features you added in/coded then you may want something that actually shows them in action (video, screenshot that shows more than 1-2 dialogues/npcs, etc). Also the massive number of npcs you use for different things (like at least 3 npcs just for leveling your char to different levels...)

Ps: Why on earth would you have people just buy their levels? Shouldn't they have to work for at least something? :S

Seems to me like a situation where people are going to 'max out' quickly and be left with very little to do. There needs to be some DIFFICULT end game content or your players are going to stay on a little bit for events but mostly just get bored and leave.

You need to balance that difficulty with having new players joining the server. new players need something entertaining to do or else they will simply take 1 look around, realize they will have to spend a large amount of time to be at a point where they can have any fun/compete and they will leave.

It's shocking how many servers don't seem to take into account basic player desires and simple economics/motivations.

Old 06/04/2010, 07:07   #17

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,160
#Cleaned

Old 06/04/2010, 11:38   #18

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
... really don't care to bring this thread more off topic... but I just can't quite keep quiet here..

The two sources are in completely different leagues IMO. YES either way you are using a pre-made source rather than working on making your own. YES Lotf has a hell of alot more coded/is a more active community.

There is simply no comparison though. If you take even 10 minutes to look through the sources you will see that impulses is INFINITELY better. Lotf (both 5017 and 5165) is incredibly poorly coded and organized with a massive number of fatal flaws/bugs.

YES someone could take tannels 5165 and fix the entire thing up so that it would be worth using but it would quite literally require re-coding nearly every single base feature in the source as well as a massive restructuring of things so that it follows a semi-logical pattern.

Impulse's may not be 'perfect' but it and hybrids are the only sources released that I haven't seen massive base flaws in. I've been a big fan of coemu but even that has some very, VERY serious problems with it. It's taken a massive amount of work to re-code it into Elite-CoEmu and even that isn't something I'd recommend if people are looking to make a public, serious server (as much as I do like it)

</rant>

Sorry for going a bit off topic.. just saying that one isn't innately better than the other just really was a bit much.

Back on topic. Looks like you've put a fairly decent amount of work into it and I'm going to end up re-stating alot of opinions but if you truly want to point out the 'unique' features you added in/coded then you may want something that actually shows them in action (video, screenshot that shows more than 1-2 dialogues/npcs, etc). Also the massive number of npcs you use for different things (like at least 3 npcs just for leveling your char to different levels...)

Ps: Why on earth would you have people just buy their levels? Shouldn't they have to work for at least something? :S

Seems to me like a situation where people are going to 'max out' quickly and be left with very little to do. There needs to be some DIFFICULT end game content or your players are going to stay on a little bit for events but mostly just get bored and leave.

You need to balance that difficulty with having new players joining the server. new players need something entertaining to do or else they will simply take 1 look around, realize they will have to spend a large amount of time to be at a point where they can have any fun/compete and they will leave.

It's shocking how many servers don't seem to take into account basic player desires and simple economics/motivations.
There is no work for levels, since is PvP
They get CPs from the tournaments and everything is free
Old 06/04/2010, 11:43   #19

Does any one here got a brain.exe =O?
Meng i'ma join your server CAN'T WAIT!

Old 06/04/2010, 13:06   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame11 View Post
Does any one here got a brain.exe =O?
Meng i'ma join your server CAN'T WAIT!
Cool thanks
Will soon get host.
The forum is active (kinda).
If you played coemu, then alot players from there will join :P

im still working on website lol

@Pro
Is kinda hard to make a video, when there is no players :P
Old 06/05/2010, 21:03   #21

good Luck i am wait your server to play now..
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2010, 12:10   #22

yea good luck bro! if you keep an active staff with diffrent timezones then this server can work great! Cheerz
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2010, 12:13   #23

Everything is almost done.
So im justing running some test the next days, to find last bugs etc.

« problems in c# sharp :( | Need Help! »