Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] About accents in itemtype (6609)

Discussion on [Question] About accents in itemtype (6609) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question] About accents in itemtype (6609)

Hello, I was translating some item names, but the client side didn't load the letters with accents, I've tried changing the font type but it didn't work. Has anyone already messed with this? By the way could it be due to the program encrypting the file?

Old 12/21/2023, 02:01   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by alissoncuan View Post
Hello, I was translating some item names, but the client side didn't load the letters with accents, I've tried changing the font type but it didn't work. Has anyone already messed with this? By the way could it be due to the program encrypting the file?

If the client is still using the same encoding as it was ages ago, then you need to make sure you save the file using CP-1252 encoding. UTF-8 isn't compatible with the earlier patches, at least.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/21/2023, 16:59   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
If the client is still using the same encoding as it was ages ago, then you need to make sure you save the file using CP-1252 encoding. UTF-8 isn't compatible with the earlier patches, at least.
Yesterday after the post, I looked for some open source editors to change the encoding, I had tried some codes, and I managed to find one that works for this version, I tried UTF-8 but it still remained the same, so I changed it to UTF-7 and It worked, I'm a novice at this, but it worked if anyone has the same question, it might help.