Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[5065][Redux] How to add prefix or suffix to character name?

Discussion on [5065][Redux] How to add prefix or suffix to character name? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question [5065][Redux] How to add prefix or suffix to character name?

Can anyone help me figure out how to add a prefix or suffix to character name without changing the actual name in database. example the character name in database is "John" and I want to add "[VIP]" to his name when he logged in. So it will look like "[VIP]John". But the database should still remain "John" and accross the server his name should still be equal to "John" only the display name above his character head will have the value "[VIP]". Hope it make sense. Thanks in advance!
Old 06/28/2023, 23:44   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaguasan123 View Post
Can anyone help me figure out how to add a prefix or suffix to character name without changing the actual name in database. example the character name in database is "John" and I want to add "[VIP]" to his name when he logged in. So it will look like "[VIP]John". But the database should still remain "John" and accross the server his name should still be equal to "John" only the display name above his character head will have the value "[VIP]". Hope it make sense. Thanks in advance!
Hey there! The most common way I've seen this handled is by using two separate table columns in your database: one for the character name and one for the VIP status (could be a level or simple flag). In your server's source code, there's probably a property on the Character / Hero class for the name. There, you can concatenate the saved name supplied by the database with a string based on their VIP status. Be careful to check for name references though, just in case there's some code either already handling that concatenation or that'd be incompatible with it. Good luck!
Old 06/29/2023, 19:36   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Hey there! The most common way I've seen this handled is by using two separate table columns in your database: one for the character name and one for the VIP status (could be a level or simple flag). In your server's source code, there's probably a property on the Character / Hero class for the name. There, you can concatenate the saved name supplied by the database with a string based on their VIP status. Be careful to check for name references though, just in case there's some code either already handling that concatenation or that'd be incompatible with it. Good luck!
Hello @! Thanks for your response and I really appreciate it.

You mean this one?
Old 06/29/2023, 20:27   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaguasan123 View Post
Hello @! Thanks for your response and I really appreciate it.

You mean this one?
Yup, that's a good reference find. So that packet is the one that gets sent to the player's game client during login to populate their character info in the equipment / character status window. I'm not sure what happens if you add a VIP status there for a longer name. Like if it cuts it off or something. You may have to experiment with that.
Old 06/30/2023, 23:26   #5

Okay I'll give it a try. Thank you again for your reply sir @
Old 07/04/2023, 09:20   #6
♥ Yuuki Asuna ♥

elite*gold: 45
The Black Market: 140/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,539
Arrow CO2 Programming -> CO2 Private Server

#moved

Tags
5065, question, redux