Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

CO2 Server

Discussion on CO2 Server within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
CO2 Server

I've been running a server for a different game, but have some folks interested in CO.

I haven't played CO in a few years. Can anyone tell me what the last client was before they changed the maps? I believe it was the last one before Conquer 3.0 but not sure.

And is there a server source for that client that would be suitable without a tremendous amount of coding?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05/19/2021, 23:49   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJustice View Post
I've been running a server for a different game, but have some folks interested in CO.

I haven't played CO in a few years. Can anyone tell me what the last client was before they changed the maps? I believe it was the last one before Conquer 3.0 but not sure.

And is there a server source for that client that would be suitable without a tremendous amount of coding?

Thanks in advance.
They changed a little bit around ~5850 and then later idk what patch
Old 05/20/2021, 06:13   #3

5850, ok, thanks. Any suggestions for a server source?
Old 05/20/2021, 07:37   #4

Quote:
5850, ok, thanks. Any suggestions for a server source?

Just a note; you can't possibly avoid tremendous amount of coding and testing. There are already very few sources that are ready to be deployed and compete with the rest of the scene in terms of pure features. And those sources has many gamebreaking bugs. To discover and fix those bugs, you will need to do a tremendous amount of testing and coding.
Old 05/20/2021, 08:43   #5

elite*gold: 130
CO3 updates were introduced around 6800/6900, I don't know the exact patch.
Old 05/20/2021, 17:50   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latyos View Post

Just a note; you can't possibly avoid tremendous amount of coding and testing. There are already very few sources that are ready to be deployed and compete with the rest of the scene in terms of pure features. And those sources has many gamebreaking bugs. To discover and fix those bugs, you will need to do a tremendous amount of testing and coding.
Ok, thank you. Obviously brand new to the CO emulating. Wasn't familar with any sources. I wasn't opposed to coding, just thought one might be close to deployment.
I appreciate the response. Thank you for the info and the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
CO3 updates were introduced around 6800/6900, I don't know the exact patch.
So, not 5800 then. Thank you. I think I logged on to the official game once since 2015. Abdolutely did not like the redesign of the cities. Also, all the lottery/gambling adds are garbage.
Old 05/20/2021, 19:23   #7

Quote:
So, not 5800 then. Thank you. I think I logged on to the official game once since 2015. Abdolutely did not like the redesign of the cities. Also, all the lottery/gambling adds are garbage.
Maps begun to be updated around ~5850, but it changed Frozen Grotto to a simple model and cities got updated to a prettier look.
Maps has been completely replaced at:
Old 05/21/2021, 14:45   #8

Ahhh, thanks very much. Appreciate the help.