Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

No Moderation - We need a moderator from our community!

Discussion on No Moderation - We need a moderator from our community! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/22/2018, 21:27   #16

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBucks View Post
How many accounts deep are you now though?

You treat this forum like it is still full of experienced programmers contributing day to day when it is not. Anytime anyone asks any questions or releases anything that has the smell of "newbie" you criticize in a VERY destructive manner. Sure, a lot of people ask "newbie" questions or use very poorly written sources but that doesn't give you the right to be a dick about it. Remember, once upon a time you were writing/using "trash" code too.

If you could overcome your inner asshole and not power trip like some elitist programmer you would probably make a pretty decent moderator.
I don't blame you at all for judging me based on how I behaved years ago. I contributed to the problem in a big way rather than providing a solution. Looking back now, I'm embarrassed - I regret saying a lot of things. I know that doesn't justify anything, but hopefully me disclosing that I was in a very bad place helps explain it a bit. It's no secret that our section has members who don't want to learn how to program and just want to run the source as-is, and that causes a lot of expectation problems, but I do try and encourage members by providing them with resources:

I know it's difficult to get to know me through the board, but add me on discord if you'd like. I'd actually really like to get to know you more and what project work you're doing these days. I can add you to our underground discord, or we can make a new discord for just the open community. Let me know.

Edit: And yeah, I did act like an elitist pile of trash. Sorry about that. There's still an application process I'd have to go through if I'm ever permitted to apply, and I hope I can meet your expectations by that point, if it ever comes around.

And just to be 100% clear, the goal of this thread is not to put me into a moderating position. We need a moderator from our community - that's the problem I'm trying to highlight. I'm not trying to be unprofessional, I'm trying to address a problem and ask the community to help in providing a solution.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/23/2018, 00:08   #17

elite*gold: 26
I like Spirited and I believe he's a good fit to moderate this section (if it stays alive), I've known him for years now and he never used to be a pleasant person back in the day, especially to me. Then I got to see how he really is and got to know him better, I can tell he has changed A LOT since then. He's decent, fun, pleasant and always tries to help and provide proper feedback/criticism on matters of programming and I see him putting in more effort to get in touch with the community even though 90% of the conquer community is terrible.

It wouldn't be fair to judge a person and not review him a few years down the road. I believe we'd like the person he had become and I'd definitively suggest having a chat with him.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/23/2018, 00:18   #18

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution! View Post
I like Spirited and I believe he's a good fit to moderate this section (if it stays alive), I've known him for years now and he never used to be a pleasant person back in the day, especially to me. Then I got to see how he really is and got to know him better, I can tell he has changed A LOT since then. He's decent, fun, pleasant and always tries to help and provide proper feedback/criticism on matters of programming and I see him putting in more effort to get in touch with the community even though 90% of the conquer community is terrible.

It wouldn't be fair to judge a person and not review him a few years down the road. I believe we'd like the person he had become and I'd definitively suggest having a chat with him.
I support this.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2018, 03:19   #19

elite*gold: 28
I know Spirited personally previously, albeit not as late.

He is a talented programmer and a good guy, that is not questionable. At all.

However --

Rules are rules, I guess? I suppose if you're not allowed to apply then as annoying as it may seem, despite how qualified you may be, there's no way you will be moderator. It's a hard fact and I'm sorry for you, it's just the way it is. I am sorry, I wish it were different.

As they said, they need applications, please apply or, please, start nominating whoever you think is sufficient to fill the role. I would apply myself but while I visit the forums enough, I don't believe the remaining community would be okay with myself nor am I confident in my ability to correctly moderate these forums as I am not 100% on the rules etc. Please do let me know if you feel otherwise? I definitely pertain to the experience required within Conquer development on all levels despite not being active within active development itself.

I do, however, plead for someone to step up. I mean guys, we have a literal Administrator on a forum much, much larger than this section alone involving himself within this section, if that doesn't show that e*pvp wants this subsection to work, I do not know what does.

-- Side note:

As for why keep the CO2 Underground private? Because there is still information within the section that is not public knowledge that I fear could potentially have undesired earthquakes within the development community should it get released. Essentially detrimental to the game - and I do not say that lightly, I do not believe there is much that could, my stance on releasing the latest algorithms for the game is very clear, however there is other information held within that could potentially cause such issues, whether deserved public or not I do not feel it is a risk that should be taken as quite frankly, what is held there, is not information that is often requested or, quite frankly, required.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2018, 03:50   #20

elite*gold: 0
I obviously don't know the details behind anything that happened with Spirited's banned, however it still seems idiotic to not allow him to moderate now. He is clearly very detail oriented and meticulous when it comes to his writing and code. He is active enough and cares enough about the section to put the time and effort into keeping it going. Whatever though, epvp's loss imo. He's the only one that'd get my vote anymore.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2018, 08:47   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealarcher View Post
I obviously don't know the details behind anything that happened with Spirited's banned, however it still seems idiotic to not allow him to moderate now. He is clearly very detail oriented and meticulous when it comes to his writing and code. He is active enough and cares enough about the section to put the time and effort into keeping it going. Whatever though, epvp's loss imo. He's the only one that'd get my vote anymore.
Well... I'm going to generalize out of respect to the admins, but the staff currently thinks that I brought everyone here to talk about putting me into a moderating position. It sounds like they think this is some kind of stunt I'm pulling, and that I'm telling people to come here and recommend me. I don't think there's anything I can do about that. As much as the original post says I can't moderate, and I didn't tell anyone to come here and recommend me, I really can't prove that. I'll continue to try to talk to them, but I really don't think it'll ever happen. They have explicitly told me that it will never happen "no matter how many users [I] convince being the good guy." As much as I appreciate your support, please be open minded towards other members.

Edit: I'm trying to be as clear as I can with my intentions on these posts... I would like this thread to talk about other members. I fear that if this just becomes a thread talking about me, that the admins will close it like they have with all of my other threads. Please keep it to the topic of other members: we need a moderator from our section, and it cannot be me. That's that.
Old 12/23/2018, 09:42   #22

elite*gold: 26
Kinda ****** that they would immediately jump to that conclusion. I cannot think of a more qualified person... Maybe Cptsky but hes away most of the time.
Old 12/23/2018, 11:40   #23

I personally have quit co but it was bought to my attention this thread. I personally didn't like fang for years, but after sitting down speaking to him a man to a man he actually have a sense of why he acts how he acts on the boards. People act stupid question and on top of that they don't use the search function for simple answers for them, and if he even mentions to do so the "noobs" will cry and tell him to **** off. I don't know certainly his past with the staff, but get over it. His behaveior should be based on his current account and what he has done since then end of story. To much e drama in the co community it sound half the time like we're back in preschool.
Old 12/23/2018, 12:47   #24

elite*gold: 7110
Received Thanks: 25,395
@

See, you are already doing it again. Again you twist the facts ever so slightly to appear in a better light. Yes, you do know exactly what happened just about two and a half (not 4) years ago, when your account was permanently banned for yet another one of your breakdowns. You’ve been going through the same cycle of completely ******* up, blaming everyone else and then after some time claiming you‘ve changed for years now. We won’t give you a (I stopped counting)th chance. You should still consider your last unban a generous concession.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/23/2018, 12:50   #25
Administrator

elite*gold: 54208
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,057
Quick note regarding the CO2 Underground:

Making it public is no option. Every underground member put trust in us not leaking the contents they submitted to that forum. It would undermine the trustworthiness of elitepvpers.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/23/2018, 14:50   #26

Received Thanks: 1,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Quick note regarding the CO2 Underground:

Making it public is no option. Every underground member put trust in us not leaking the contents they submitted to that forum. It would undermine the trustworthiness of elitepvpers.
Could i get back into the 2.0 underground, i was kicked out by a certain person (not mentioning names). But i did contribute alot of stuff there.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/23/2018, 16:37   #27

elite*gold: 130
I just applied for the role
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/23/2018, 18:01   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSm!th View Post
@

See, you are already doing it again. Again you twist the facts ever so slightly to appear in a better light. Yes, you do know exactly what happened just about two and a half (not 4) years ago, when your account was permanently banned for yet another one of your breakdowns. You’ve been going through the same cycle of completely fucking up, blaming everyone else and then after some time claiming you‘ve changed for years now. We won’t give you a (I stopped counting)th chance. You should still consider your last unban a generous concession.
I was talking about when I stepped down from my moderator position to handle life events, and then you two took over Muddy's roles, and I was no longer permitted to apply. I've been trying to moderate since, but now I've been told by Luke that it's for personal reasons why I'm not allowed to apply. Nothing to do with rules, just general disliking of me. You call me unprofessional for trying to be transparent, when that's the real reason. You guys only want to see me as manipulative and a liar, and you're trying to only listen to people who echo that opinion. Try and tell me I'm wrong again, but is that not why we have a community to give feedback and character witnesses on a mod application? I just don't get why all of this drama is so necessary to block a capable applicant from applying. Am I also not allowed to provide criticism in the way you're handling this situation? I'm trying to talk through it and be engaging. If I remain complicit and roll over, how does that affect this community?

@, yes - you should be added back. Are you interested in applying as a mod as well?

Edit: Oh, and I'm not allowed to paraphrase what you say to me in private because it makes you look bad. That's something Luke told me (paraphrasing, of course). Here's a thought, why does me paraphrasing you make you look bad? I'm not here to play games with the admins, I'm here because I have a genuine interest in the community and a genuine liking of a lot of its members. Please don't confuse that for manipulation.

Edit 2: And now Luke is saying that I've lost my mind and that he won't answer me because I keep paraphrasing him. Whatever then. This is what someone gets for trying to point out a problem and expand upon solutions in this section.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2018, 23:10   #29

Received Thanks: 1,107
@

No offense, But you have always been a drama queen, Just move on dude.

@

For years.. I have tried to get something out of these stupid gift boxes and it's the same every time "Sorry... But you had no luck and got a blank! Maybe try again later." I had better luck playing the powerball. ****'s rigged lol.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/23/2018, 23:29   #30
Administrator

elite*gold: 54208
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,057
@ No matter what we tell you, you always see it as a personal reason. This whole drama you're trying to pull off just shows how impossible it is for us to work with you, grow up and accept a 'no'.

I close this thread, as written before everyone is welcome to apply as moderator, but spirited is definitely no option for us.

@ Please contact @

Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post

@

For years.. I have tried to get something out of these stupid gift boxes and it's the same every time "Sorry... But you had no luck and got a blank! Maybe try again later." I had better luck playing the powerball. ****'s rigged lol.
Chances are intentionally very low
Thanks
6 Users
Closed Thread