Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP]Console

Discussion on [HELP]Console within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP]Console

I often get this error spamming my console, any ideas on what might be causing it or how to fix it.

Thanks
1 User
Old 02/04/2010, 03:55   #2

elite*gold: 20
Check database.cs line 1268 ......
Old 02/04/2010, 06:13   #3

Go to C:\\PSERVER\users\Characters\TwinBladez.chr and delete it or something. it says its being used by another program or sumtin. I dont really know actually. Nevermind lol
Old 02/04/2010, 12:09   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
Check database.cs line 1268 ......
Ya that's the first thing I did and this is the line the error is reporting on.

Code:
FileStream FS = new FileStream(@"C:\PSERVER\Users\Characters\" + C.Name + ".chr", FileMode.Open);
And that's whats got me stumped, I can't quite figure out what it is referring to.
Old 02/04/2010, 12:25   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
it's opening the file @ C:\PSERVER\Users\Characters\CharacterName.chr so it can update it.

If that path is invalid, there is something wrong with the file in question, it's in use or anything similar you will get the error you are experiencing.
Old 02/04/2010, 13:39   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Adding to what pro4never said, if it happens alot to various characters then the server is opening a file in order to update it and failing to close it, and then trying to open it again to update it again, which will cause that exception.
Old 02/04/2010, 15:07   #7

A simple fix for save would be probably, creating the buffer with the data inside it, then open the file, save the buffer, close the file... it will be a lot faster and probably wouldn't error that much, and for loading, you can use byte[] buffer = File.ReadAllBytes(path); BinaryReader r = new BinaryReader(new MemoryStream(buffer));
Old 02/09/2010, 01:11   #8

-impulse- How can we do it? anyone know it? where to put the code for fixing this?
please I'm a new don't know how to code it please?