Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Needing Help.

Discussion on Needing Help. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 04/16/2018, 00:19   #16

elite*gold: 0
I was saying I tried what you said spirit, im not home right now to try what boDil said. The progress bar did not show up when it hung on connecting to account server. It does nothing when it says server maintenance. How can i check the server console? The ip adress i used was tbe one you suggested 192.168.0.50
Old 04/16/2018, 04:21   #17

Avast firewall used to block the server while developing. Did you try to deactivate your firewall or antivirus?
Old 04/16/2018, 06:31   #18

well the problem has mutated now, the ports are now saying they are closed. i made sure im logged into the router settings in my internet browser and the ports still say they are there. i checked in the windows firewall settings and it says the ports are open, i also disabled my firewall and pintinho12 has recommended and still nothing.
Old 04/16/2018, 07:58   #19

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Post pictures of the current setup, and are you getting server errors at all on login from the server's console window?
Old 04/16/2018, 08:44   #20

im not sure how to access a "server console window" but i did post the error i get from the router settings log, hopefully thats what you meant but im sure its not so im sorry in advance x_x

Old 04/16/2018, 17:17   #21

Did you set 192.168.0.50 to be statically assigned to your computer though your router's settings?
Old 04/16/2018, 19:46   #22

Here's a really simple test you can try:
  1. Make sure port 8080 is forwarded to your machine in your router settings
  2. Download and run (), a simple HTTP server
  3. Make sure it's working by visiting in your browser, it should show a basic "404 not found" page
  4. Check if port 8080 is open to the outside by using

Instead of port-forwarding, you can also try setting your machine as a DMZ host, if your router supports that, since that will open and expose ALL ports on your machine.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2018, 03:46   #23

ok well i forwarded port 8080, i used mongoose, the site said 404 not found but when i checked if the port was open using open port check tool it said it is closed. i also set my pc to a DMZ host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Did you set 192.168.0.50 to be statically assigned to your computer though your router's settings?
if this is what you mean then yes, but when i click enable it cuts off my internet and i can not do anything

Old 04/17/2018, 17:17   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakun777 View Post
ok well i forwarded port 8080, i used mongoose, the site said 404 not found but when i checked if the port was open using open port check tool it said it is closed. i also set my pc to a DMZ host.

if this is what you mean then yes, but when i click enable it cuts off my internet and i can not do anything

Unless there's some kind of firewall blocking the ports, it sounds like your ISP uses carrier-grade NAT.
Have you tried contacting them? Or perhaps searching for something like "<ISP name here> port forwarding" on Google?
Old 04/17/2018, 17:41   #25

elite*gold: 130
Temporarily disable the firewall on your computer and try again.
Old 04/17/2018, 18:53   #26

Ok well right now its been about 5 mins and it still says open, now its saying server maintenance when trying to log into conquer
Old 04/18/2018, 02:18   #27

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Ok well right now its been about 5 mins and it still says open, now its saying server maintenance when trying to log into conquer
Well, at the very least a step further.
Old 04/18/2018, 03:11   #28

What does the server console say now? Does it have any errors? Is your still firewall off when it shows the "maintenance" message, or did it turn itself back on? In which case, did you make a firewall exception for the program and allow "public" access when prompted? Did you set your IP Address to be statically leased by your router?
Old 04/18/2018, 03:26   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
What does the server console say now? Does it have any errors? Is your still firewall off when it shows the "maintenance" message, or did it turn itself back on? In which case, did you make a firewall exception for the program and allow "public" access when prompted? Did you set your IP Address to be statically leased by your router?
what is a server console? i asked before but it must have been missed. i created exceptions in the firewall for the ports used. i believe my firewall is still off though. im not sure how to go about getting my ip to be statically leased by my router. ive watched and read lots of tutorials and have never heard of that.

aaaannnnnddddd after a couple hours the ports closed themselves again
honestly i have no idea if they are open or closed at this point, the internet tool says closed, downloaded app says open
Old 04/18/2018, 04:23   #30

Quote:
what is a server console? i asked before but it must have been missed. i created exceptions in the firewall for the ports used. i believe my firewall is still off though. im not sure how to go about getting my ip to be statically leased by my router. ive watched and read lots of tutorials and have never heard of that.

aaaannnnnddddd after a couple hours the ports closed themselves again
honestly i have no idea if they are open or closed at this point, the internet tool says closed, downloaded app says open
The console in which your server runs in... I don't know how else to describe it. Text in a window that are messages from the server. On top of that, run the following commands in cmd and post the resulting files here (while your server is running):

Code:
:: PORT FORWARDING TESTS
:: Author: Spirited
:: Date: 2018.04.17

set pfpath=%userprofile%\Desktop\pftests
mkdir "%pfpath%"

echo Please wait...
ipconfig /all > "%pfpath%\ipconfig.txt"
netstat -anop tcp > "%pfpath%\netstat.txt"
netsh advfirewall firewall show rule status=enabled name=all > "%pfpath%\fwrules.txt"
sc query MpsSvc > "%pfpath%\fwstatus.txt"
netsh advfirewall show all state >> "%pfpath%\fwstatus.txt"
Post the result from this as well:
And post pictures of your router's port forwarding table and set your leased IP address to be fixed/static. My router calls it "IP Allocation", if that helps. Look for any firewall settings on your router and post pictures of that as well. Post as many pictures as you can, please. Post pictures of your client launcher's config as well (again) just to be sure.

Tags
setupconquer