Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] Change BlowfishKey in Source

Discussion on [HELP] Change BlowfishKey in Source within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 05/22/2017, 17:27   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Splinters- View Post
Different encryption key wont stop script vessel it isnt a proxy
LOL, this guy is so stupid, it ******* hurts.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/22/2017, 19:00   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boDil View Post
LOL, this guy is so stupid, it ******* hurts.
I'm sorry I thought that encryption change will only help vs proxy tools like the configurable aimbot hack.
Old 05/22/2017, 21:24   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Splinters- View Post
I'm sorry I thought that encryption change will only help vs proxy tools like the configurable aimbot hack.
I was talking about Soulfly25, sorry for not making it clear
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/22/2017, 21:59   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boDil View Post
I was talking about Soulfly25, sorry for not making it clear
I'm not a professional but even on beginner level I was able to figure out how to fix those basic things... Soulfly25 is just like "hurrrr durrrrr"
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2017, 02:46   #20

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I thought my post was clear, but in case it wasn't, snake oil security refers to ineffective obscurity. In other words, changing the blowfish key will not provide any additional protection against an acting adversary. I wouldn't worry about bots and hacks until it most affects you. Focus on server stability and game features.
Old 05/27/2017, 01:50   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I thought my post was clear, but in case it wasn't, snake oil security refers to ineffective obscurity. In other words, changing the blowfish key will not provide any additional protection against an acting adversary. I wouldn't worry about bots and hacks until it most affects you. Focus on server stability and game features.
That's because you have no idea how common scriptvessel using players are in NCO based servers, it can really be a deal breaker.
Old 05/27/2017, 01:53   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
That's because you have no idea how common scriptvessel using players are in NCO based servers, it can really be a deal breaker.
Well maybe then they should have active staff to deal with it...