Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Don't bother with Community Conquer

Discussion on Don't bother with Community Conquer within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Don't bother with Community Conquer

Guys don't bother playing this server , I used a friend's account there and played against a trojan called OwnageBoy who I think is the owner and after a couple of minutes I got botjailed for 7 days. So not only is it a **** source which is full of bugs, it also has an abusive owner so don't waste your time or money there, thanks.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/05/2017, 01:17   #2

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
Guys don't bother playing this server , I used a friend's account there and played against a trojan called OwnageBoy who I think is the owner and after a couple of minutes I got botjailed for 7 days. So not only is it a **** source which is full of bugs, it also has an abusive owner so don't waste your time or money there, thanks.
Yeah, your not the first who is talking about it, the owner of Community Conquer seems to act corrupt!

My philosophy has always been that a server owner should never participate. If the owner is involved with personal feelings, the result has always been unfair for over 10 years of conquer history!
Old 05/05/2017, 01:57   #3

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DededeBatman View Post
Yeah, your not the first who is talking about it, the owner of Community Conquer seems to act corrupt!

My philosophy has always been that a server owner should never participate. If the owner is involved with personal feelings, the result has always been unfair for over 10 years of conquer history!
I totally agree with you there. Any main developer should not involve in the game itself by playing in there and trying to compete with fellow players.

There are of course multiple concepts where this is smart , like doing that just to investigate rates , overall player activity and getting feedback from neutral view. And if thats the case you should hide the GM/PM status (especially not to abuse it) and disguise urself as a player.
But for those , its way more productive to get team around and let them handle ingame stuff and focus on coding and improving server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/05/2017, 03:18   #4

play BlackSideClassic ia really good sv anty hack and all fixet
Old 05/05/2017, 04:57   #5

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaplata1 View Post
play BlackSideClassic ia really good sv anty hack and all fixet
If i correctly remember, its an binary server!?
The bad performance of binary servers doesnt make them fun much, I wonder that some ppl still use binaries! Sorry, but for me personally those arent interesting at all
Old 05/05/2017, 11:15   #6

try to play BlizzardConquer classic it's a good server and they accept suggestions.

Old 05/05/2017, 23:11   #7

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
try to play BlizzardConquer classic it's a good server and they accept suggestions.

Can't play on US Servers, bad ping from EU!

Anyways is it a binary?
Old 05/06/2017, 03:34   #8

Quote:

Anyways is it a binary?
I think it's safe to assume all these servers are NCO based, it's the new binary
Old 05/06/2017, 03:48   #9

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
Quote:
I think it's safe to assume all these servers are NCO based, it's the new binary
I rather people use NCO over binaries. Binaries destroyed this community.
Old 05/06/2017, 10:01   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I rather people use NCO over binaries. Binaries destroyed this community.
Yup you are right. I stick to NCO which is I can learn faster even I know it's the worst source

Quote:

Anyways is it a binary?

Too bad, but it's not a Binary Server..
Old 05/06/2017, 10:37   #11

Quote:
So i guess those "NCO based" servers do have the same performance issues as binaries had! Atleast that is what my actual gaming expierence taught me after testing a couple of servers (bad ingame spikes, while an direct ping to the server shows an stable connection with low ping!)

Is there any link with further informations?
Old 05/06/2017, 18:18   #12

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
Quote:
So i guess those "NCO based" servers do have the same performance issues as binaries had! Atleast that is what my actual gaming expierence taught me after testing a couple of servers (bad ingame spikes, while an direct ping to the server shows an stable connection with low ping!)

Binaries are far worse in terms of security. Which is why I mention that I rather have people using NCOS. Do I think NCOS should be used? No. Do I think TQ Binaries should be used, no. It's more along the lines of "which is the worse evil?"
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/06/2017, 20:27   #13

Quote:

performance wise I believe the binaries to be superior as for security standpoint binaries will always be an issue due to no actual source code (gamebreaking security holes can be patched).
Old 05/06/2017, 22:57   #14

It's a Beta server, of course the owner may play it, since he can be friend with players and find out bugs that people may not share. About acting corrupt I know nothing about the server, so idk.
Old 05/06/2017, 23:56   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintinho12 View Post
It's a Beta server, of course the owner may play it, since he can be friend with players and find out bugs that people may not share. About acting corrupt I know nothing about the server, so idk.
Well as an Project-Manager i have actually an different point of view, a good book about project management is "The Deadline", I would like to recommend you that one. Its a good thing if GMs with low power or PHs take part for the job which you have named (next to the main job which should be player support!!!)! But the main developer of an server has to stay neutral, except he has someone who manage him on top, else if he is a player at same time he must be a robot without any feelings! We all do know that conquer is a game you get into!
Thanks
1 User