Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Chimera Private Server Development

Discussion on Chimera Private Server Development within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 12/21/2017, 05:37   #31

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by NourZein View Post
waiting Chimera ... i like it
Thanks. Currently moving and working on a small side project for someone, but I like this project too. Looking forward to working on it again after the holidays.
Old 12/25/2017, 19:33   #32

elite*gold: 0
as we was -I think- discussing on github about NPC scripting and NPC server , so what do you think , how it will work ?
Old 12/25/2017, 20:40   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShekoHex View Post
as we was -I think- discussing on github about NPC scripting and NPC server , so what do you think , how it will work ?
There isn't really an NPC server. Rather, it's a collection of map servers which each process a chunk of the game world. All of those servers connect up to a root game server via RPC, which handles database transactions, chat, and other world actions. I can't say I've decided which server I'm going to put NPC dialogs on, but I'd probably go with the map servers. Would be using Lua scripts.
Old 12/25/2017, 21:49   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
There isn't really an NPC server. Rather, it's a collection of map servers which each process a chunk of the game world. All of those servers connect up to a root game server via RPC, which handles database transactions, chat, and other world actions. I can't say I've decided which server I'm going to put NPC dialogs on, but I'd probably go with the map servers. Would be using Lua scripts.
Fine , I think if we put all simple AI related things like NPCs , Monsters in a sperated map server , and Workers like Event scheduling and other related things like torments on their own handler , It will make some sense 😀
Old 12/25/2017, 23:59   #35

Quote:
Fine , I think if we put all simple AI related things like NPCs , Monsters in a sperated map server , and Workers like Event scheduling and other related things like torments on their own handler , It will make some sense ��
I understand the familiarity of TQ binaries, but I'm definitely not going for TQ's server architecture. TQ binaries perform poorly overall, and the server architecture is really bad. I'm looking to make something much more scalable and straightforward. You can imagine each map server as it's own private server for a section of the game map. Then, the game server orchestrates the map servers. It's a lot simpler. And I appreciate your enthusiasm to help, but this is really a more personal project for me. I'll be releasing an open source project soon that is more community contribution based.
Old 12/26/2017, 06:29   #36

Quote:
I understand the familiarity of TQ binaries, but I'm definitely not going for TQ's server architecture. TQ binaries perform poorly overall, and the server architecture is really bad. I'm looking to make something much more scalable and straightforward. You can imagine each map server as it's own private server for a section of the game map. Then, the game server orchestrates the map servers. It's a lot simpler. And I appreciate your enthusiasm to help, but this is really a more personal project for me. I'll be releasing an open source project soon that is more community contribution based.
Hmmm, I get it .
  • TQ Architecture is poor , I see.
    There Architecture become painful when it comes to maintain.
So here's what I got from your explanation:
Every map server is a separate one, but all is connected to their main Game Server , that will make the server scaleabble.
So you mean by that is the game server is representing a group of servers , and the map server representing the actual single server ?
Old 12/26/2017, 07:33   #37

Quote:
Hmmm, I get it .
  • TQ Architecture is poor , I see.
    There Architecture become painful when it comes to maintain.
So here's what I got from your explanation:
Every map server is a separate one, but all is connected to their main Game Server , that will make the server scaleabble.
So you mean by that is the game server is representing a group of servers , and the map server representing the actual single server ?
A single server. Each collection of map servers has a game server to orchestrate world actions. Like a conductor to an orchestra. In terms of maintaining code, nothing is different about the map servers in code. What's different is how they're configured / the roles I provide them with. The player connects to the map server their character is currently located on, and never will connect to the game server directly. The map servers talk to the game server only when scheduled to do so, or the weight of a change is high enough to justify an immediate save. This keeps the bandwidth between the servers low, the map servers mostly just running independently and lightweight, and gives me a lot of flexibility for future features such as seamless server patching and server balancing. It becomes more of a service.
Old 12/26/2017, 08:12   #38

Quote:
the map servers mostly just running independently and lightweight, and gives me a lot of flexibility for future features such as seamless server patching and server balancing. It becomes more of a service.
Finally , I found someone who understands the proper way how networks and game servers work , Thank you again for your time
Hope you a great day , and Happy Christmas 😊
Old 12/26/2017, 22:08   #39

Quote:
Finally , I found someone who understands the proper way how networks and game servers work , Thank you again for your time
Hope you a great day , and Happy Christmas 😊
Thank you, and the same to you.
Old 01/20/2018, 20:59   #40

Still interested in you opening an open source co server, for some reason im always drawn back to Co Development

- hunterman01(old school player/developer)
Old 01/21/2018, 04:07   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSimmie View Post
Still interested in you opening an open source co server, for some reason im always drawn back to Co Development

- hunterman01(old school player/developer)
Thanks. Currently, I'm toying with a project that I'll make open source in probably the next month. I'm enjoying myself for once, so I'm taking a bit of time. It's not Chimera related, it's more of a source targeted at beginners. I'm looking forward to seeing how the community responds to it.
Old 03/01/2018, 17:16   #42

Still interested in what you do, that's will be very helpful to all beginners like me
Old 03/01/2018, 21:23   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3R0- View Post
Still interested in what you do, that's will be very helpful to all beginners like me
Went through a career change and two moves in the past 2 months, so expect heavy delays on everything. Current focus is that side project, and once I get internet, I'll be able to work on it more easily again. Thanks for your interest.