Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request] special arena(5165) READ for what i need..

Discussion on [Request] special arena(5165) READ for what i need.. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Request] special arena(5165) READ for what i need..

-fb/ss skills only
-no horses allowed
-timer for when it starts
-a screen so you can join
-No pots of anysort allowed
-a monster at the end to give a reward
-Will be teleported to tc when killed
-If dont have ss/fb you cant enter
-Timer for every hour
-No one can revive each other

Please Reply if you have the correct coding for this your help will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2009, 11:05   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Hmm a few of those things are simple, others are bit more difficult.

I have never touched the 5165 source at ALL so I'm not sure exactly how it's layed out. I'll assume it's somewhat similar to earlier sources and not some shitty binary type thing....

-fb/ss skills only
--- Fairly easy to do. Go to the skills sections (where your source controls what skills can be used where) The easiest way to find it is search the market map number/name. There should be an if statement saying that if map number == market map number it will return 0 (again completely different between sources but there will be SOMETHING in there basically saying if it's this map, skill doesn't get used) write your own if statement in this section stating that if the map number = the map number of the event and the skill in use is NOT fb/ss (used as SkillId != skill# [again, varies with source, I'm talking basic layout]) That will allow only certain skills to be used on that map.

-no horses allowed
--- Same as previous section. To use a horse you have to use the riding skill. Just ensure that that skill/mount related skills cant be used there and that if players entering the map are mounted, they dismount.

-timer for when it starts
-- There are a few timer guides on the forum. Basically you are going to use something to say if the system datetime == a specified value (day, hour, minute, etc) then something happens (in this case an event is triggered

-a screen so you can join
--- Not really possible. That would involve massive client editing that is well beyond 99.9999 percent of coders... seriously... writing custom packets and user interfaces to be added both client side and server side... NOT an easy task. That being said you can use all sorts of lovely npc dialogues that can be linked to all sorts of things such as who is in the event, how long they have to join, info about event etc... You could also use a /join type player command to bring people there from anywhere ingame... UI = not simple though.

-No pots of anysort allowed
--- Simply write into your existing use item code that if map number == pk event map # it will not be used. Super easy just bit tedious.

-a monster at the end to give a reward
--- Would have to write a spawn based on server conditions... Most sources don't have this added to them by default and it's not something I've ever attempted... I might suggest looking at how guards/player summons function.. it won't be identical by any means (as it is not linked to a certain player or anything like that) but you could use how it is spawned to the server to write a new void that will allow you to spawn monsters based on server conditions. For rewards simply have it add the desired item/cp/other reward to the character's inventory when the player kills it.

-Will be teleported to tc when killed
-- Change how your revive code works (Most decent servers have some sort of revive point database. Make a new revive point for that map saying that players who revive there will be sent to tc)

-If dont have ss/fb you cant enter
-- use a simple skill check (if character skillid (database) contains blablabla. Something along those lines.)

-Timer for every hour
-- Again, look up examples for timers

-No one can revive each other
--- Again if no skills work there, revive is a skill and therefor cannot function.

Something tells me this is a bit beyond you seeing as you needed to ask some of these questions but best of luck to you. Hope these very broad suggestions is useful to you or someone else.
Thanks
1 User