Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer Resource Wiki

Discussion on Conquer Resource Wiki within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Conquer Resource Wiki

The wiki is back up and now contains Packets from various versions, and Enums associated with those packets. Other pages including encryption and file structures are being added currently.

It is not finshed but i will continue to update it as i go, eventually it should hold every packet Conquer uses for all versions of the client. Aswell as a whole bunch of Enums which are used in the data packets.

There is a small note about each packet regarding its usage and in some cases some packet history.

There is a contact email on the wiki, or you may post here with additional content that people think needs to be added. If your going to post a packet it needs to be a complete structure, not a half finshed one with missing fields.

Its available here:

Thanks are always appreciated.

Update 22/07/2013

Hi everyone,

The wiki has been updated and restructured, the layouts for packets has been improved and is now clearer while providing more information. Enums have been split up to allow for different versions. Packets are now categorised by version and sender to make it clear who actually uses the packet. A category has also been created to group file formats.

The naming convention of CO_Packet_<name> has been dropped in favour of more readable, user friendly names.

I have also created a page detailing a brief history of the Conquer Client (), if you can contribute to this please pm me, tweet me(@Korvacs) or email me().

Update 21/05/2014

I have completed the 5017 packets with the help of Haydz, Insomnia and a couple of other people in the thread I made re. the 2051 packet. Once again a big thanks to JP/CptSky for his source.

I have begun work on 5065, I have done all but 10 I believe, I have not touched the Auth packets as of yet and I'm missing a couple of game packets. A big thanks to Pro for his latest Redux source which has provided the vast majority of these packets.

In addition to the two packet versions above nearing completion it has been suggested that the wiki be expanded to include more general information regarding conquer, beginning with NPCs. I have welcomed this and will most likely be looking at it over the coming weeks.

As the expansion of the wiki will mean more work, there is the potential for people to be brought on in varying scenarios which I have not thought about too much yet, however if you considered yourself an expert in a particular area of conquer, or a particular patch for example, then there may well be an opportunity to help out in future.

If there are any other suggestions, please post here or contact me.
Thanks
151 Users
Old 11/20/2009, 22:32   #2

elite*gold: 146
Received Thanks: 9,968
Use the pm function if you have to discuss something.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/21/2009, 16:43   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mio View Post
Use the pm function if you have to discuss something.
Than why not close this?
However, I think we should be free to comment on this, as long as we stay on-topic, and don't start talking about the fact somebody likes cake. Back to my point, this is a forum, I think we should be allowed to reply since this isn't announcement but advertisement.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/21/2009, 17:02   #4

elite*gold: 146
Received Thanks: 9,968
If it's on topic like something he can add to the site I'm ok with it but not that off topic chat again.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/21/2009, 18:03   #5

1) On-topic :
Is the Wiki giving the client-sided AND server-sided packets ?
Why is the wiki not giving anything else than packets ?

2) Off-topic :
If you want no-one to answer to a post in a forum, well you might be moderating a mail service

EDIT :
Korvacs, if you had a copy of this current version of the wiki, you could open it for edition and let people share what they learned or found (maybe **** will be made, but if you make a copy of the website, you should give them a try and see if the community can make some good work 'at last ^^')
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/21/2009, 18:18   #6

I dislike how the packets aren't organized why not make different sections for the variety of the patches?
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/21/2009, 18:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion~ View Post
I dislike how the packets aren't organized why not make different sections for the variety of the patches?
Or just let people choose :P
Old 11/22/2009, 01:18   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion~ View Post
The idea was that you could simply select the packet that you needed from the list (or by searching for it) and you would see all version of that packet.

The advantage of this being that i only have to create and update 1 page, instead of upto 4 in some cases. Also, some packets change their ID from one version to anouther and this would cause some confusion (in my oppinion) about which is the correct ID for the packet.

Yes, both client and server packets are displayed under the same page, mainly because 90% of the packets dont change, and if they do they are specified.

How much easier can i make it? You need the general data packet, you click general data and get every version of it, and because it isnt specified to be different you find the version you want and implement it for both incomming and outgoing.

Isnt that the simplest way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybris View Post
1) On-topic :
Is the Wiki giving the client-sided AND server-sided packets ?
Why is the wiki not giving anything else than packets ?
Because ive only been working on it for the past 2 weeks in my spare time, and my primary knowledge is Conquer - Server communication. This is also the knowledge which the majority of people lack, and which tends to be the most required, I constantly see "Does anyone have this packet?" and "Ive got a problem with a packet, can anyone help me". So that seemed like the logical place to start.

Quote:
Korvacs, if you had a copy of this current version of the wiki, you could open it for edition and let people share what they learned or found (maybe shit will be made, but if you make a copy of the website, you should give them a try and see if the community can make some good work 'at last ^^')
If i made a copy of the entire wiki, which is stored as a database, then every week (or so) i would have to trawl the site and make alterations to the database which is a massive task, or if i used the wikis own built in roll back system i would have to visit every page, every week, and decide if what was posted was relevant and then roll back untill i found the correct version of the page, which again is quite a big task.

I would much rather people posted things here or emailed me, that way i can confirm that the data being put up is correct, and i dont have to go through everything every week.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/22/2009, 03:27   #9

Awesome Verry thanks
Old 11/22/2009, 05:28   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
I would much rather people posted things here or emailed me, that way i can confirm that the data being put up is correct, and i dont have to go through everything every week.
Why not making a section editable for that then in your wiki ?
Or just allow the 'discussion' panel to be viewable and editable
Old 11/22/2009, 12:34   #11

Quote:
Why not making a section editable for that then in your wiki ?
Or just allow the 'discussion' panel to be viewable and editable
Because its difficult to restrict edit permissions to just a specific page, but i will look into it again.
Old 11/22/2009, 12:36   #12

Yeah we could share some packets as well.
Old 11/22/2009, 12:41   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Because its difficult to restrict edit permissions to just a specific page, but i will look into it again.
Well why unrestricting for just one page ? Why not every pages ? :P
Old 11/22/2009, 18:22   #14

Quote:
Then users could edit/delete every page?
Old 11/22/2009, 19:06   #15

Quote:
Please read my reply to your post on the first page lol