Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Arghh

Discussion on Arghh within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arghh

Okai i want to know how to get Items like Defence Bow / Poison blade / Mana and Hp backSword In CoEmu Are they already IMplented in there? or how can i implent them.
Old 11/05/2009, 07:26   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
You would have to code them. If you have the skills working, just create a new option for the item (or do what qo did and allow for new bless amount that don't reduce defence so like -9x = pzn blade) then just have it do a random on attack and use the spell on yourself when it goes off.

It shouldn't be super complicated to do Just would involve editing a few diff sections of the source.

The advantage of doing that is you can have the weapon have the effect of ANY skill you have working on your server and have it cast on target or the player. That way you can do things like rage as a random skill on a sword or Foh backsword, Those things are always fun.
Old 11/05/2009, 21:15   #3

I understand that part but im saying how do i get the ITEM into the game?
Old 11/05/2009, 21:22   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
You would have to make a new command or npc to give you the item (you would first have to make sure you have a field in item stats to control/save it to database also)

Think of how you added progress, you would wanna do something like that (modifying how the source looks at item info) and add a field for "special stats" (if you want them all in 1 field) or you could do one for each type so a bool for Poison (true or false)

Then you would modify how your source handles attacking/skill use and basically say if the weapon equipped in left/right hand has that stat, do a calculation to determine if the skill activates and then handle how the skill is used (on player or monster, etc)

For spawning the item you would just create an npc to give an item with the new item stats.... or you could do a gm command
Old 11/05/2009, 23:46   #5

Theres a field in the item info packet (that adds items to your inventory/gears) that corresponds to the effect of reborn weapons.