Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] AstaCo : Recreating the server

Discussion on [Development] AstaCo : Recreating the server within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Development] AstaCo : Recreating the server

A few years ago back, my server AstaCo shut down due to loss of HDD. The source and client went away in that moment. I've missed it since then.

For those who doesn't know of AstaCo:

Recently I've been having flashback to the times of entertainment and lots of moments I learned alot of stuff from you guys and from experimenting. It's such a nostalgic feeling, as I am working on another project on the side, it sure is taking its' time. so I'll get to the point ..

I'm re-creating in both codes, graphics and innovative ideas to the new AstaCo. Many of the features will be the same, however they will be changed and some might not be included, but as replacement I'm adding new ones. There's one goal AstaCo always had, to give the players new content without too much time inbetween. I want to give the feeling of new challenge and new exploration.

As before, I worked alone on AstaCo interms of graphic and programming. From Photoshop, to Adobe flash CS6 (recently learned), C#.
Seeing as I was limited alot back in the days I decided to use a higher version of conquer due to the amount of information and data I can manipulate with packet and client editing.

I'll be using this thread as a sort of a blogging of this project. I will not decide any time of release date or anything of the such, but I hope it will let me learn even more things and be able to give you guys a new sort of entertainment in the conquer department.

Stay tuned!

Info for Moderators: (I am aware of double posting, but it's inevitable if I am to post new blog content to this thread if nobody has posted after me.. I sincerely apologize and you may merge them if you want to)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------ Blog entries --------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Blog 1 : Learning Adobe Flash CS6
Yesterday night I took 7 hour of my time to dedicate myself to learning Adobe Flash CS6, I had confidence I could make a design with it using my previous Photoshop skills.

Seeing as I always worked alone on AstaCo I decided to learn everything I had to learn to do everything on my own. Which did actually cause alot of stress and pressure on me and make me lazy at many points. (Forgive me xD)

Well here's the unfinished product from the Flash designing after decompiling "start.dat". It's a fully working LoginScreen. I intentionally hid the servers because they're not supposed to be touched, which also gave me enough space to do my design. Despite the simple look, the atmosphere it gives is surprisingly nice. (Includes a nice oriental Background Music .. too bad you guys can't hear it)

(Image Info): The register and save account button is bugged due to me being confused of trying to move some buttons from a layer to another, not working properly after cutting or copying it. Despite the "object".unique name is the same as in code. //ActionSript 3.0 is a pain in the ass

#Blog 2 : Level UP and Upgrade
Done server-sided.

Character Level UP & Stats ::

ArtisanWind Upgrading ::
Old 09/04/2014, 17:08   #2

For the love of *** don't use LOTF
Old 09/04/2014, 17:14   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
For the love of *** don't use LOTF
I'm not don't worry xDD ...
Got enough of it to be honest.
Old 09/04/2014, 17:32   #4

love the designs

Good Luck
Old 09/05/2014, 09:00   #5

What base are you working off of?
Old 09/05/2014, 21:09   #6

Pro4Never's, due to laziness. since I am working on C7 which is using from scratch base, I have no plan of making a new base for this one. As, simply, don't need and can get it finished faster ^^