Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] With Counter Kill CoEmuV2

Discussion on [HELP] With Counter Kill CoEmuV2 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP] With Counter Kill CoEmuV2

#Request Close
Old 09/30/2009, 03:31   #2

elite*gold: 20
How can we fix it if no error is stated.
Post your current code, and give me a summarized version of your problem.
Old 10/03/2009, 07:22   #3

i like the gw halo thing

you got toxic fog working too ?
Old 10/03/2009, 08:57   #4

He meant, He doesnt have any idea how to make it work.
Old 10/04/2009, 00:11   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by |^ØnëwïngëÐ^| View Post
Lol dude i do know... Dont speak what you dont know nub
Then code it.Whats so hard about it?Just explain what does Counter Kill do and ill try to help you.
Old 10/04/2009, 00:28   #6

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianpesta View Post
Then code it.Whats so hard about it?Just explain what does Counter Kill do and ill try to help you.
I have no idea what it does either >.<
Old 10/04/2009, 01:23   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Lol dude i do know... Dont speak what you dont know nub
You obviously don't or you would have coded it?

You said your problem is that it simply "doesn't work", seeing as coemu does not have the skill coded, that's probably why. You have to code the skill.

I don't remember the exact calculations but for those who had no idea what it even did.

Counter kill is similar to reflect except the damage it does is based on the person using it's attack (it was what? 1/2 or 1/3 their attacking power? I don't remember, not played in sooo long.)

Basically the skill functions through a bool (on or off, no expiration or cost for use), it randomly activates when being hit by someone, can activate max once per certain amount of time (what was it? 10 seconds?). It then deals damage back to the attacker based on the attack power of the person being attacked.

It's actually hilarious cause archers run around scattering ppl just to get pwnt by ppl who have counter kill.
---------

So basic things you would need to code for the skill (again, this is all obvious stuff, you still gotta figure out how to fully code it yourself)

A bool controlling if it is activated or not (so true/false value that is checked whenever a player attacks someone else)

a timer controlling how often it can be activated (which does NOT reset if someone turns the skill off and on, if not they can just on/off it a bunch of times, unless you added a cost for activating it)

timer resets/disables the skill when it is activated (for however long it needs to be, I think it was 10 seconds though where it is considered 'off')

attack power calculation: no idea what the correct one was, not played in ages as I said. I think it was something simple though like 1/3 attack power

So basically PlayerA attacks PlayerB. On each attack you need your attack code to check if target (PlayerB) has status CounterKill == true.

If it's true it needs to roll a number based on skill level (higher level ck raises odds of countering obviously so it needs to check level). If number = required value (again dependent on skill level) PlayerB takes 0 dmg

Then need to take PlayerB's min and max patk and then do 1/3 or w/e dmg calc you need and deal that back to PlayerA

If you know how to code skills and aren't just running off other peoples released codes, it shouldn't be super difficult to implement.
Old 10/04/2009, 02:32   #8

For starters its called a Scape Goat. and watch and learn
. and no i will not help with coding it.
Old 10/04/2009, 03:49   #9

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
I wacthed and didnt learn dumbass
Ooh he just wants to show off that he has it and you don't. But yah, it's something that has to be coded if I remember correctly. Not a simple "add this code snippet and it will work" You have to code the skill from scratch.