Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Asking for Help

Discussion on Asking for Help within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,118
Asking for Help

Hey everyone,

I have been approached by several members in public and private about the countless accounts of spam questions posted to this section every week. If you are unfamiliar with these types of threads for any reason, allow me to clarify. Spam questions are threads that ask for help (for example: "help me pls") without any details on what the problem is or on how to even start diagnosing their problem.

As a non-developer of a few years back, I know how common sense it is to include details on how to diagnose a problem. As a developer of recent years, I understand how frustrating these types of spam threads can be, as the lack of common sense dumbfounds me. Developers and non-developers: it is not your job to play guess-what with other members. So, regarding your requests for me to address this problem, I have put thought into a solution. I will be enforcing the spam rule more strictly from now on (just a small step up to begin with).

Posting correctly includes the following:
What: What is your problem? What have you tried to solve the problem?
How: How does one reproduce the problem (in full details)?
Why: Why do you think this problem is occurring?

Threads that don't answer some of these simple questions (ex: which doesn't even correctly state what the problem is) will be deleted and the original posters will be warned on how to post correctly. Again, this is only a small step up from what I was previously doing to help control spam (not too strict, but hopefully now strict enough). For those who wanted me to address this problem, please tell me if this helps with the situation in a few weeks. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Spirited
Thanks
6 Users
Old 07/19/2014, 21:58   #2

elite*gold: 153
Nice for people who don't respect roles, just go and Click "New Thread" .........!

"This thread needs to be Closed?!!
Old 07/19/2014, 22:57   #3

elite*gold: 130
*cough*

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/19/2014, 23:18   #4

elite*gold: 0
Like those people from certain countries with zero knowledge of programming will actually be able to understand your post.

Hahaha
Old 07/20/2014, 01:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorev View Post
Like those people from certain countries with zero knowledge of programming will actually be able to understand your post.

Hahaha
This thread isn't really made to inform violators, like the other threads are. It would be ideal if I posted something like this and violators read it, but I'm quite familiar with how things go down in this community. This is more of a record showing that I gave people notification that my moderating practices have changed. This way, people can't complain about their warnings, and I can get feedback from the people who actually requested that I handled this problem. So you tell me, what do you think about this solution?
Old 07/20/2014, 02:21   #6

elite*gold: 0
Deleting threads and warning them is great. Won't solve the issue though.

A quote comes to mind;
"If you give a man a fish he is hungry again in an hour; if you teach him to catch a fish you do him a good turn."

If one does not want to learn how to catch a fish..
Old 07/20/2014, 05:56   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorev View Post
Deleting threads and warning them is great. Won't solve the issue though.

A quote comes to mind;
"If you give a man a fish he is hungry again in an hour; if you teach him to catch a fish you do him a good turn."

If one does not want to learn how to catch a fish..
The fish thing doesn't relate too well... you can stop giving them fish, but in the end, they're still asking for fish - even if they do so correctly. The point of this change isn't to stop them from asking for help... it's to stop the spam questions. My job here as a moderator is to encourage members to reply to threads and participate.
Closed Thread