Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What programming is most efficient?

Discussion on What programming is most efficient? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Which programming language is the most logical choice?
C# 4 19.05%
C++ 15 71.43%
Java 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/12/2014, 23:22   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
Idk what your trying to say but fishy woman sounds good
The result does not answer the expectations.
Old 01/13/2014, 01:11   #17

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netzgeist View Post
k, so do programming in ASM. Its "overral performance" runs out all of your stuff...

If you feel like defining some action context:
- graphical programming? skip java, swing performs bad.
- heavy networking both on client/server? skip c#, m$-servers are bullshit
- 3d graphical programming? rate the framework. you probably wont do this from scratch asking this kind of question on epvp.

There is such thing as "the best performing programming language", this has been discussed countless times on these forums.
Pretty sure if I was to write a program in C++ and you were writing one in Asm then mine would have better performance (Not talking about smaller programs tho.)

Why? Because the C++ compiler will probably optimize the asm better than the asm you're writing.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/13/2014, 15:10   #18

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
D.

Pretty sure if I was to write a program in C++ and you were writing one in Asm then mine would have better performance (Not talking about smaller programs tho.)

Why? Because the C++ compiler will probably optimize the asm better than the asm you're writing.
Your assuming that the person writing the ASM isn't experienced, and your assuming that you are experienced with C++.
Old 01/13/2014, 16:36   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Your assuming that the person writing the ASM isn't experienced, and your assuming that you are experienced with C++.
No I am not assmuming anything, the optimization is true whether someone is expeirenced/inexperienced in C++ or ASM.

Like I said this is not for smaller programs like Hello World or things like that, but rather bigger projects.

Not to mention the work time. It would take far longer to write a program in ASM than in C++.
Old 01/13/2014, 17:30   #20

It would take far longer, but if someone has 30 years experience with ASM, chances are they can create better performing apps than someone who writes in C++.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/13/2014, 22:24   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
It would take far longer, but if someone has 30 years experience with ASM, chances are they can create better performing apps than someone who writes in C++.
30 years of experience with ASM is hell of a lot for there to be 'chances' though their argument is invalid, the whole proposal of using ASM is ridiculous.
Old 01/15/2014, 00:40   #22

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
30 years of experience with ASM is hell of a lot for there to be 'chances' though their argument is invalid, the whole proposal of using ASM is ridiculous.
He's probably referring to understanding how C++ applications are built. Like, a programmer with knowledge on computer microarchitecture or assembly has a much better chance of creating a better, more efficient application than a generic Joe programmer does. Understanding how C++ compiles code and how assembly is interpreted really gives the knowledgeable programmer the edge.
Old 01/15/2014, 01:46   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Fang View Post
He's probably referring to understanding how C++ applications are built. Like, a programmer with knowledge on computer microarchitecture or assembly has a much better chance of creating a better, more efficient application than a generic Joe programmer does. Understanding how C++ compiles code and how assembly is interpreted really gives the knowledgeable programmer the edge.
Nope he clearly was not.
Old 01/15/2014, 09:55   #24

I think what I was actually saying was that someone who knows their craft is going to produce better work than someone who is less experienced using more advanced tools.

This entire thing is extremely subjective, you can pick and chose scenarios which fit your argument.